Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
I'll stay with my 700 and sell my brand new Kindle 2

Today I received my first Kindle 2 International. I was very excited and it is a nice reader, but not for me.

After a few hours of using it, I must admit, that it is not my thing. I miss my touchscreen, i miss my backlight, I miss my menu, I miss my mp3 folder.

Of course the screen is a littel sharper and brighter than my 700er but I cannot imagine, beeing as happy with the Kindle 2 as with my 700er Sony. The whole time I used it today, I missed my Sony.

Strange, huh? I realy thought, when I ordered it, I would prefer it over the Sony, but I don't.

So now it goes right in the Fleemarket for 235€, that is the price I paid for it incl. shipping and customs charges.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:39 AM   #2
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Of all my readers it is the one I use the most and the one I'd have the hardest time living without. I do most of my reading at night, so the built in front lighting makes reading at night incredibly pleasant. I love not having to fiddle with any external or dangling apparatus. I hope Sony doesn't abandon the front lighting idea.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 05:05 AM   #3
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur
DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
For these new ones you can buy a separate lighting thingamajig that attaches to the top. When I bought mine I didn't think it was worth it. But I might now, when you say it was pleasant.
DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You're under 30 days, why don't you return it for your full refund minus shipping?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote