Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #1
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
Onyx M92 screen damaged?

I turned on my good reader after almost 1 year since I was about to sell it and before sending it I wanted to test it was all ok.
I charged it for 3-4 hours before turing it on.
With my big surprise the screen seems somehow damaged. It's like if some e-ink particles are struck on the screen... like when a glass screen breaks but the screen is perfect is just an effect of the e-ink.
I attached the picture. Any suggestion for tests to do before sending back to Booxtor?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140426_000933.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	442.8 KB
ID:	122098  
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:16 AM   #2
sisteczko
sisteczko began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
The glass that gets broken is behind that screen that you see from the outside.

The screen looks exactly as if it was shattered, and it is really fragile. Replacement part cost ca $250.

You should handle it, as if it was made from the glass, because it is.

Onyx should have made the whole device better reinforced, even if it had to sacrifice the weight.
sisteczko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2014, 05:04 AM   #3
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
Hallo sisteczko.. so you think its a matter of broken glass "internal"? Not a matter of e-ink struck for some reason?
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #4
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
I'm certain it's a broken glass. I had a broken device once, and it looked very much like that. Also, that device broke very easily after a tiny drop from about 30 cm. On the other hand my current M92 had much higher drops and has gone through a lot of harmful situations without taking any damage at all.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote