Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Neal Stephenson's Anathem for $1.99 (Kindle/Sony/Kobo)

Forgive me if this has already been covered elsewhere, but a cursory glance through the first several pages didn't turn anything up. Fell free to delete the post if it is a duplicate, but I just didn't want anyone to miss out.

Anyway: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015DPXKI/

Print length: 959 pages
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Also available for $1.99 at Barnes & Noble.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Forgive me if this has already been covered elsewhere, but a cursory glance through the first several pages didn't turn anything up. Fell free to delete the post if it is a duplicate, but I just didn't want anyone to miss out.

Anyway: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015DPXKI/

Print length: 959 pages
It did come up earlier. However, would you recommend it? That's a pretty big book so I don't want to get into it if it isn't good.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
It was in arcadata's affiliate thread. I voted for it for the Weekend Deal, so yay, but I didn't realize it was almost 1000 pages, I'm not sure I'll buy it.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Neal Stephenson's Anathem for $1.99 (Sony, ePub)

Sony has Neil Stephenson's Anathem for only $1.99

Quote:
Anathem, the latest invention by the New York Times bestselling author of Cryptonomicon and The Baroque Cycle, is a magnificent creation: a work of great scope, intelligence, and imagination that ushers readers into a recognizable-yet strangely inverted-world. Fraa Erasmas is a young avout living in the Concent of Saunt Edhar, a sanctuary for mathematicians, scientists, and philosophers, protected from the corrupting influences of the outside "saecular" world by ancient stone, honored traditions, and complex rituals. Over the centuries, cities and governments have risen and fallen beyond the concent's walls. Three times during history's darkest epochs violence born of superstition and ignorance has invaded and devastated the cloistered mathic community. Yet the avout have always managed to adapt in the wake of catastrophe, becoming out of necessity even more austere and less dependent on technology and material things. And Erasmas has no fear of the outside-the Extramuros-for the last of the terrible times was long, long ago.Now, in celebration of the week-long, once-in-a-decade rite of Apert, the fraas and suurs prepare to venture beyond the concent's gates-at the same time opening them wide to welcome the curious "extras" in.
http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/nea...00000000092063

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-30-2012 at 08:26 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
It did come up earlier. However, would you recommend it? That's a pretty big book so I don't want to get into it if it isn't good.
I highly recommend it, but Stephenson's work always seems to generate such disparate responses from people. It's not what I would consider a "fun" read, by any means, if that helps you decide.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry for missing the ePub side of this, Jon. I checked B&N quickly but must've only seen the print version price. Otherwise I would have included it in my post. Nice to see you're always on your toes, though.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It was in arcadata's affiliate thread. I voted for it for the Weekend Deal, so yay, but I didn't realize it was almost 1000 pages, I'm not sure I'll buy it.
Dang. Those big threads are so hard to keep up with... I figured someone would have posted it, but I sure couldn't find it. Ah well.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Also in iTunes for the same price.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Also in iTunes for the same price.
Yes, but I did label the topic as ePub. We can't be sure the iTunes copy is actually ePub or some iBooks variation.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Sorry for missing the ePub side of this, Jon. I checked B&N quickly but must've only seen the print version price. Otherwise I would have included it in my post. Nice to see you're always on your toes, though.
The only problem is the other topic says Kindle. If it was just that this was $1.99, then I'd have not started this thread but added to the other.

Otherwise, no problem at all.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Price matches regularly get posted in the original thread, but knock yourself out.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

It's available at Sony (ePub with standard Adept DRM), B&N (ePub with B&N's funky DRM), Amazon (Mobi with Amazon's funky DRM), & Kobo (ePub with standard Adept DRM)

BooksOnBoard is now collecting a transaction fee. So don't buy there unless you like wasting $0.25.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

It's available at Sony (ePub with standard Adept DRM), B&N (ePub with B&N's funky DRM), Amazon (Mobi with Amazon's funky DRM), & Kobo (ePub with standard Adept DRM)

BooksOnBoard is now collecting a transaction fee. So don't buy there unless you like wasting $0.25.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #15
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Awesome, thanks! I just had it sent to my Kindle.

I am working my way through the Baroque Cycle and just stared The System of the World.
Loving the trilogy but may need a Stephenson break before Anathem.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote