Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #31
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchreading View Post
Yeah I'm lucky like that. I always seem to find weird problems in computerized systems that no one else seems to get. Never fails.

Just curious:
What OS (and patch level) AND What video card does it have?

All my systems, the Download Metadata opens in the center of the Metadata edit window area.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #32
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
I have Windows 7 home premium SP 1 with all current patches up to date with an AMD Radeon HD 6570 card.
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #33
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchreading View Post
I have Windows 7 home premium SP 1 with all current patches up to date with an AMD Radeon HD 6570 card.

Well my Laptop has W7HP (up to date) and a built in Radeon HD 4250 GFX and has no trouble

Your card supposedly supports 4 Outputs. (DVI,VGA,HDMI, Composite-TV?)

I wonder if the TV port is enabled? The Catalyst control center might tell if the port is ON.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #34
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Yesterday I created a new blank library. When I added new books and edited metadata, the download metadata screen was back in the proper place. I switched to the old library and again the download metadata screen was back in the proper place. As of this morning this continues to be correct. Magically fixed (for now).
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #35
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Well my Laptop has W7HP (up to date) and a built in Radeon HD 4250 GFX and has no trouble

Your card supposedly supports 4 Outputs. (DVI,VGA,HDMI, Composite-TV?)

I wonder if the TV port is enabled? The Catalyst control center might tell if the port is ON.
Sorry to take so long to respond. Work and life don't always go together well. Anyway, while working this morning, I noticed some new behaviors with the edit metadata and download metadata boxes that I had not noticed before. Someone earlier had mentioned that the location of the edit metadata box was saved. OK, I usually have the Calibre main window at the top of my screen as well as the edit metadata window. When I press the download metadata button, the download window is off the screen. I moved the edit metadata window down about 2 inches, and lo and behold, the download metadata window was now fully on the screen. It was higher than the edit window by about the height of a title bar.

I also updated Calibre this morning hoping to see and improvement and played around again, to see if the same thing was happening in the latest and greatest (8.47) and it is but not to the same extent. The download metadata window is now only about 1/3 of the height of a title bar above the edit metadata window.

I'm sure now that if I make sure that the edit metadata window is at least the height of a title bar lower on the screen instead of at the top edge, the download metadata window will be fully on the screen.
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert