Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
Tolkamp
Tolkamp began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 650
Can I save the list of my e-books in a file?

Is it possible to store the list of the e-books in my library (only Author -Title) in a seperate file? This means not the complete library contents, but only a list of books.
Tolkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Look at the calibre Catalog facility to achieve this. There is a whole forum area dedicated to this.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Tolkamp

Where can I find Calibre Catalog Facility?
Old 07-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You are probably betst starting of with the forum sticky about this from the top of the Catalogs section of the forum.

The option to create a catalog is accessed via the sub-menu from clicking the down-arrow at the right side of the Convert Books icon on the main toolbar.

Last edited by itimpi; 07-24-2011 at 03:45 PM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Just my opinion of course but I think the Catalog stuff is on the wrong menu. I think it should be on the "Library" menu, as it really doesn't have a lot "to do" with conversions. In fact I have the conversion toolbar/menu removed for space reasons (since hitting C gives me all the conversions I need) which means if I did want the catalog functionality I can't get to it, but that is just my setup
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 06:09 AM   #6
Tolkamp

When I create a Catalog of the books in my library a giant Exel file is generated.
How can this Exel file be converted to a readable catalog?
Old 07-25-2011, 06:57 AM   #7
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkamp View Post
When I create a Catalog of the books in my library a giant Exel file is generated.
How can this Exel file be converted to a readable catalog?
You've chosen CSV as the output format. Select EPUB or MOBI instead.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #8
Tolkamp

I have selected EPUB as output format and now the catalog is generated as expected.
Thank you for your help.