Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Commander Miggs
Edge User

Network Error 101

I received my Pocket Edge today, connected it to my school's wireless, and attempted to follow the set up process. It failed on Step 3, Set a Time Zone. It could not retrieve network time. After some searching I found out how to break out of the initial set up wizard. The instructions said that, after breaking out, update the PE and the error will be fixed. Every time I attempt to update I get Network Error 101. I have tried at my school and at home. I've even placed my PE as a DMZ server for my router. I am able to browse the internet and the email client connects to gmail without problem. I cannot get Network Time, Update, or use the Tube App to play videos.

Build: Dingo 1.6
model: edgejr

Old 05-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
Filark
Edge User

Hey there, Commander!

Someone else just solved that (Time Zone) problem by changing (lowering) settings on his/her firewall. You can also try doing a Reset (next to USB port).

Good luck!

Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
Commander Miggs
Edge User

Saw that post. I set the router up to forward all incoming traffic to the PE to test whether the router was just failing to do it's job. Unless the PE itself has a firewall that's blocking something I don't think that's the issue.

Thank you. I'll try the reset button, someone may have purchased the PE before me and returned it without setting it back to factory default.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
Commander Miggs
Edge User

Resolved the problem. I reset back to factory defaults (via Settings -> Default Device Settings) and connected from my home wireless; everything completed properly.

When I first powered on the device and connected to my School wireless, I believe something didn't get set properly. It might have been because my School network is open.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
Filark
Edge User

Congratulations!

(And thanks for sharing your solution.)

Advert