Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
lynnc1265
lynnc1265 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-300
Free proofreading!

Hi all!
I am a copyeditor/proofreader in the process of expanding my resume. I would like to add to my experience. I will proofread a chapter of anything that you are writing at no charge. Materials should be no shorter than ten pages and not longer than fifty. I will return pages to you with corrections in MS Word, tracking changes. I am not a writer, and I will not plagiarize your work or share it with anyone else. This is copyediting or proofreading only. Please specify your preference. I'm interested in all budding and new authors of all genres and platforms (hard copy, ebooks, etc.), as well as established writers of any genre. Any assistance I can provide you would also help me.

Last edited by lynnc1265; 03-10-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 03-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Sounds great. How do we get the materials to you?
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
lynnc1265

Send me a pm and I'll give you my email address. If you know of anyone also looking for a beta reader, I'd be interested in that, too.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
In case you need more business, I recommend posting here as well:

http://www.kindleboards.com/index.php/board,60.0.html
Old 03-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
lynnc1265

Thanks, AS. Done! I'm still working on your manuscript - my MS Word problem, not your writing. I'm quite impressed so far!
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 05:54 AM   #6
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnc1265 View Post
Send me a pm and I'll give you my email address. If you know of anyone also looking for a beta reader, I'd be interested in that, too.
I am, as long as you don't mind lots of violence and swearing. It would be useful to know which words or phrases don't make any sense from an American perspective so that I can included a glossary.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
lynnc1265

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
I am, as long as you don't mind lots of violence and swearing. It would be useful to know which words or phrases don't make any sense from an American perspective so that I can included a glossary.
mrploppy (great name, by the way),
I haven't gotten anything from you, in case you sent something. I can deal with violence and swearing - I'm a crime/mystery/thriller fan. James Patterson, Jeffry Deaver, Lee Child, Vince Flynn - I'm in! A Brit take - throw it at me! I'm game!

Regards,
Lynn
Closed Thread