Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 04:25 AM   #1
orik
orik began at the beginning.

Device: None
Update dimesion MB

I 've resize (ex from 1gb to 500mb) some ebooks but calibre don't update the dimensions. Is there a way to do that or I must reinsert the books?
orik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:44 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by orik View Post
I 've resize (ex from 1gb to 500mb) some ebooks but calibre don't update the dimensions. Is there a way to do that or I must reinsert the books?
If I recall correctly calibre shows the largest size individual format for any given book.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will verify or correct what I just said.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 05:41 AM   #3
orik

Yes calibre do that but I asked another thing. I add and ebook of 500mb and calibre show this dimension in the ebook list; after I resize the pdf and now in the same folder created by calibre there is the same ebook but with different size (250mb). Now if I restart calibre it shows that the dimension is 500mb but indeed is 250mb, why calibre don't update the information?
Old 09-27-2010, 05:54 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes calibre do that but I asked another thing. I add and ebook of 500mb and calibre show this dimension in the ebook list; after I resize the pdf and now in the same folder created by calibre there is the same ebook but with different size (250mb). Now if I restart calibre it shows that the dimension is 500mb but indeed is 250mb, why calibre don't update the information?
Good question. What version of calibre are you using?

Update: There was a discussion here and a ticket submitted here requesting this be fixed.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-27-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:08 AM   #5
orik

thanks for the update, I have searched in the forum but I have used the wrong keywords
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 06:17 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
thanks for the update, I have searched in the forum but I have used the wrong keywords
Using the forum search is pert near impossible. I entered

site: mobileread.com calibre update size column

in Google and found the ticket for the bug about 5 entries down. I always use a Google site search as specified above to search for info on this site, I have better luck that way.