Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Playing Movies....Help

Went to store on Friday purchased several DVDs. 1 came with a Free code to download the movie to watch on PC ...Apple products andmore. Well dont seem to work on the Fire HD. It's a Universal movie. What do I do to get it working?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
You might have a look at this:
http://www.universalhidef.com/digitalcopy/support/
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks it worked!! But it now wont let me add Vudu movies that also use Ultra Violet...I have account.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Thanks it worked!! But it now wont let me add Vudu movies that also use Ultra Violet...I have account.
What steps did you take exactly?
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I basicly tried to sign into the UV account. there doesn't seem to be away. I can get into in thru the vudu app .. which is not compatable to the KF. Some one emailed the setup for vudu. I live in fear of deleting it....did that to the sony app! This ap came from Amazon... so hoping I could transfer the movies from vudu direct to UV. But I dont see how.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I basicly tried to sign into the UV account. there doesn't seem to be away. I can get into in thru the vudu app .. which is not compatable to the KF. Some one emailed the setup for vudu. I live in fear of deleting it....did that to the sony app! This ap came from Amazon... so hoping I could transfer the movies from vudu direct to UV. But I dont see how.
Vudu and UV don't equal the same thing. UV movies can be used through Vudu, but also Flixster, Cinema Now and B&N/Nook (although not all movies from those services are UV) but the DRM/formats are a bit different for each service.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:22 AM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I am aware different formats. But seems Since I Can watch Vudu movies & they use UV I should beable to watch them Direct from UV.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I did one of these official DVD digital copy things. I am a technology professional, a hacker geek, and a pretty clever person, and it had me cursing out loud trying to log in to the right services, type the right codes and chose the right options.

It is FAR FAR easier and faster to download a copy of DVD Fab or DVD Catalyst, pop the disk in the computer and rip your own unencumbered digital copy to use however you like.

Want to give me a direct promo code to get a free movie on Amazon or Vudu? Fine. Make me jump through hoops like that again? No thank you. I will make my own digital copy, thank you very much.
DRM. Bah.

Last edited by ApK; 08-07-2013 at 09:21 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I am aware different formats. But seems Since I Can watch Vudu movies & they use UV I should beable to watch them Direct from UV.
UV doesn't provide any movies for viewing, it's not that kind of service. All it is is a central database that feeds info to the member services to let them know which movies you "own".
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Then why don't the movies I Own show up only on Vudu and not UV?
Old 08-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Apk.... been there done that lost 1000+ movies. No Thanks.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

BTW. If it doesn't work thats ok. I do think it should...since its All UV. I spent 3 hours just putting the one movie on! So Not attempting anything without help. Figured IF anyone knew be folks ok MRs
Old 08-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #13
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Apk.... been there done that lost 1000+ movies. No Thanks.
How on earth did you lose 1000+ movies by ripping your own DVDs?
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #14
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

HD they were stored on crashed.