Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Booklist by author

I'm entering the author in the meta data dialog always as

Lastname, Firstname

this is stored in the epub as

Code:
<dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="Lastname, Firstname">Firstname Lastname</dc:creator>
My Sony PRS 650 is now displying the list of books as

Firstname Lastname

and the list is sorted by firstname. Is this something which i can fix in Sigil or is this a bug in the readers firmware? Is there a workaround to get the list sorted by lastname?
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:21 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by huebi View Post
Is this something which i can fix in Sigil or is this a bug in the readers firmware? Is there a workaround to get the list sorted by lastname?
It's feature lack in most readers. As a workaround you can write "Lastname, Firstname" as the author's name, of course, but I wouldn't do that. Maybe you can change the filename and have the reader sort by filename?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 06:54 AM   #3
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Or use calibre and use the plugboards and author-sort, which should allow you to do what you want.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote