Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Cicerone80
Cicerone80 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindler
From .AZW + DRM to Epub

Hi,

I bought "The Ice Princess" from Amazon (eBook. AZW DRM +) and I want to read it on Calibre.
When I try to do the conversion, Calibre tells me that it is impossible because "The Ice Princess" is protected by DRM.

How can I do?

Cicerone80
Cicerone80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Read it in Kindle for PC instead of Calibre.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
All we can say here is "Google for Apprentice Alf"
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You have two choices.

1. Do something illegal (crack the DRM). Don't do this. It's unethical. After all, you'll be costing Amazon at least $0.00. Imagine if everyone did this. Multiply that $0.00 by thousands, maybe even millions! All because you had the audacity to expect to make use of something you purchased from them.

OR

2. Accept that you've sold your soul to Amazon and are now locked into their self-reinforcing ebook - reader system with no hope of ever escaping unless you want to re-purchase your library (which will just sell your soul to someone else).

Can you tell I'm cynical about DRM?
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote