Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #76
congcd4
congcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle Touch
Can you tell me how to Install your source code (with Netbean)?
I've installed it but not worked.

The error was "Main class not found"
congcd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:41 AM   #77
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I think you should read about Kindlet development and design. There are various threads in this board. They are not typical Java applications, so there's no main class.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #78
yahwing
Enthusiast
yahwing began at the beginning.

I can not run it. It just stop at the beginning , like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_03_07T22_21_16+0800.png
Views:	433
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	102523 What's the problem?

Last edited by yahwing; 03-07-2013 at 09:29 AM.
yahwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:55 AM   #79
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by congcd4 View Post
Can you tell me how to Install your source code (with Netbean)?
I've installed it but not worked.

The error was "Main class not found"
I guess the Netbean "thinks" you are writing a program to be run on the PC and has no idea that it is actually running on Kindle.

To change the program able to run on PC, you need to re-design the GUI that is matching with the PC's hardware...

The current project cannot be "run" under the Netbean - You can only copy the generated JAR file, signed it with the sign tool and then copy across and run on the Kindle.
Awak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #80
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahwing View Post
I can not run it. It just stop at the beginning , like this: Attachment 102523 What's the problem?
It could be anything - But my best guess is "you are run out of memory"...

This program use a lot of resources as it need to store the Chess graphic images.

The first thing I would do is turn off the WiFi (airplane mode), it can save some memory and see if the program work.

The second thing is check if your Kindle has enough space in storage. The program required at least 512 bytes to save the stage of the Chess Game so that you can carry on the game even it has been power off (sleep) and on again. I have used three of those bytes to store the Game Time so that the Time counting can be continued (this fix will be included in the next release...)

Delete some files and run the game again to see if it works.

Last but not least - Recharge your battery! Your screen dump show your battery level is low, the Kindle may not have enough power to run the chess game!...
Advert
Old 03-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #81
yahwing
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awak View Post

This program use a lot of resources as it need to store the Chess graphic images.

The first thing I would do is turn off the WiFi (airplane mode), it can save some memory and see if the program work.

The second thing is check if your Kindle has enough space in storage. The program required at least 512 bytes to save the stage of the Chess Game so that you can carry on the game even it has been power off (sleep) and on again. I have used three of those bytes to store the Game Time so that the Time counting can be continued (this fix will be included in the next release...)

Delete some files and run the game again to see if it works.

Last but not least - Recharge your battery! Your screen dump show your battery level is low, the Kindle may not have enough power to run the chess game!...
I try all you said and still can't fix the problem. One thing I forgot to tell you is that I just updated to 5.3.2.1 . May this be a reason?
Old 03-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #82
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
I can not run it. It just stop at the beginning , like this: Attachment 102523 What's the problem?
I also encountered this problem before. but after upgraded to the latest version, it runs without problem. not sure what's the cause. is there a way to capture an error log?
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #83
yahwing
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiming View Post
I also encountered this problem before. but after upgraded to the latest version, it runs without problem. not sure what's the cause. is there a way to capture an error log?
what's your version? 5.3.2.1?
Old 03-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #84
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
what's your version? 5.3.2.1?
When I said version, I meant latest version of Chinese Chess.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #85
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
There is a firmware version 5.3.2.1 for the K5-touch:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200790650
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #86
yahwing
Enthusiast

Quote:
I still can't run the lastest version in 5.3.2.1 . Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_03_08T23_09_20+0800.png
Views:	235
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	102639
Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #87
yahwing
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awak View Post
Quote:
Here's the crash.log :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[3/8/13 11:24 PM] Kindle Chinese Chess (v. 0.1.1)

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.Kindle tSecretKey.ZDb(euc:937)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.Kindle tSecretKey.Fgb(euc:614)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.G.Fgb( vrc:1410)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.G.ieb( vrc:773)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.G.OEb( vrc:1320)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.G.getC hars(vrc:1333)
at vn.vhn.amazon.kindle.chinesechess.posCollection.lo calIsSolved(Unknown Source)
at vn.vhn.amazon.kindle.chinesechess.posCollection.po pulateSolvedArray(Unknown Source)
at vn.vhn.amazon.kindle.chinesechess.posCollection.<i nit>(Unknown Source)
at vn.vhn.amazon.kindle.chinesechess.Main$1$1.run(Unk nown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueueProxy.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHi erarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHier archy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknow n Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.startup(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)

Could you help me fix it? I like the idea of playing chinese chess. Thank you very much!

Last edited by yahwing; 03-08-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #88
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
Thank you very much! Download the latest version from this post and see if your problem has gone:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=48

The reason may be I am using the latest version of library from KDK (version 2.2) while the first version of Chinese Chess is using an older version of library which may not be able to run if you have just updated the firmware...

Sorry, there is NO error log - I have add some debug routines already in the program, but don't think you can use it easily...Hope this can be improved later.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #89
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
IF it crashed... which it didn't there would a file

/mnt/us/developer/App\ KindletChineseChess/work/crash.log

Perhaps you should indicate it as 5.3.2 ONLY in the RELEVANT POST.

Thanks for the report.

Last edited by twobob; 03-08-2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2436787&postcount=48
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #90
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
Here's the crash.log :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[3/8/13 11:24 PM] Kindle Chinese Chess (v. 0.1.1)

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.Kindle tSecretKey.ZDb(euc:937)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.Kindle tSecretKey.Fgb(euc:614)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.G.Fgb( vrc:1410)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.G.ieb( vrc:773)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.G.OEb( vrc:1320)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.G.getC hars(vrc:1333)
at vn.vhn.amazon.kindle.chinesechess.posCollection.lo calIsSolved(Unknown Source)
at vn.vhn.amazon.kindle.chinesechess.posCollection.po pulateSolvedArray(Unknown Source)
at vn.vhn.amazon.kindle.chinesechess.posCollection.<i nit>(Unknown Source)
at vn.vhn.amazon.kindle.chinesechess.Main$1$1.run(Unk nown Source)

From the look of crash log, it mentions "KindletSecretKey" has returned a null exception...

There are a few possibilities - Most likely is you don't have the correct developer store.

Each application used in Kindle require a developer key to match with it, the process are done automatically if you purchase the items via Amazon using the WiFi.

But because you just copy this Chiness Chess to your Kindle, the Developer Keystore will missing the correct developer ID unless you have added it yourself manually!

Search through the various threads from this forum to learn how to add the Developer Key (For the required Key here - See first post of this Chinese Chess thread) to your Developer Keystores in your Kindle.

Or if you have NOT bought anything yet from the Amazon's store, just use the attached "combined" developer store - It works for me...
Attached Files
File Type: zip combined-dev-certs-20121002.zip (17.2 KB, 208 views)