Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
lacymarie7575
reading about reading ;->
lacymarie7575 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, BB
I just have to vent...

I sent my reader in for repairs last wednesday (cracked screen) Sony sent me a box and a return FedEx label...i slapped that label on the sony box after gettin my reader nice in cozy in their box and scheduled the pick up...I was able to track the box on the Fedex website which show it had been delivered to California on Friday. I called Sony today to check and see if my reader would be returning home soon...they had no idea what the hell i was talking about...no work order..no record that i had called..no NOTHIN!! At this point a few grey hairs sprouted but i didnt sweat it too bad cause i probably just had an idiot on the phone with me. When I had explained that i had sent in my reader for repair through Fed Ex to California the sony customer rep said that they didnt deal with Fedex...UPS only... and that readers were not sent to California they were sent to Laredo a few more(lots of em) grey hairs sprouted... in the end(after i cried in my works bathroom stall for 5 mins) it took me lookin up the address that was on the Fed Ex billing label(that sony sent me) and calling California myself to find out that my reader is in for diag and that it will be returned to me shortly...So sony DOES deal with FedEx and they DO send ereaders to Cali for repairs........and just so you know that was after asking three times for someones supervisor!! thanks for nothin sony support!!!!!!!!!
lacymarie7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
Tinderbox (UK)
Connoisseur
Tinderbox (UK) began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle DXG
Not a brain between them!
Tinderbox (UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
TheCulture
Considering Phlebas
TheCulture began at the beginning.

Device: prs 300
This has has been my experience of Sony also - with a number of products.

Last edited by TheCulture; 08-18-2010 at 06:28 PM.
TheCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
JordanRHughes
Banned
JordanRHughes began at the beginning.

Device: none

Last edited by JordanRHughes; 08-18-2010 at 06:27 PM.
JordanRHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
ellimak
I spit hot fire
ellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook, or as I call him, Sir Nookington
I boycott all Sony products. I had a Vaio for a year before the screen began to die. When I sent it in for repairs, they told me that the computer had suffered "extensive water damage" and was therefore no longer covered under the warranty. They quoted the repairs at $1400. Um, no.

I had them send me back the laptop while I resolved to just buy another laptop from a different company. A family friend fixes laptops for a hobby and asked me to send her the broken Sony Vaio. I did, and she was able to fix the laptop for 40 bucks. (After I had already purchased a new laptop, of course). So yeah, Sony's customer service is terrible. Sorry you had to deal with their idiocy.
ellimak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
*crossing fingers* hoping my sony doesn't get sick
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote