Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 06:59 AM   #1
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
French dictionary on EB1150 ?

Onr of the thing I really love of my EB is the online English dictionary.
Now I'd like to give a try to read French ebooks in original language too, so I wonder if it's possible to load a French dictionary in place of the Webster and have it working the same way. Does anybody know if this is possible ?
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
It isn't. I emailed them with this very question when I first got my eBookwise. I never need a dictionary when I read in English, but I do when I read in French. No dice!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 03:13 AM   #3
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Oh, too bad. I still love my EB anyway ;-)
Thanks for the infos, ficbot.
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #4
snowdown
snowdown began at the beginning.

Device: none
I want to download the English-French dictionary. Where's it? It's important for me. Thanks million.french translation
snowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:26 AM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdown View Post
I want to download the English-French dictionary. Where's it? It's important for me. Thanks million.french translation
Try the free Microsoft .lit English-to-French and French-to-English dictionaries available here.

You can easily convert it using ConvertLit and then converting the .html to .imp or simply install Lit2sb using the instructions here. I've done this for all the freely available dictionaries there, including the Encarta one.

However, since they are copyrighted by Microsoft, I cannot post them here, but you can convert them for personal use.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #6
snowdown
snowdown began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks million.
snowdown is offline   Reply With Quote