Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #16
ancalex
ancalex has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ancalex has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ancalex has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ebookwise 1150
In that part of the form the script takes the output from the word2imp.js script so it is an error raised by windows scripting host.
To look what is wrong i suggest to run the jscript from a command screen like this

word2imp.js "doc_file" author title category 2

what happens?
ancalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #17
ancalex
ancalex has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ancalex has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ancalex has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

maybe windows scripting engine is broken

You can try also to reinstall the scripting engine from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81

Hope it helps.
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #18
ancalex

or maybe it is enough to locate the file %windir%\inf\wsh.inf (inf is a hidden folder), right click, select "Install".
Old 04-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #19
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancalex View Post
In that part of the form the script takes the output from the word2imp.js script so it is an error raised by windows scripting host.
To look what is wrong i suggest to run the jscript from a command screen like this

word2imp.js "doc_file" author title category 2

what happens?

I still get an error, as per the below picture:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AutoIt-GUI3.jpg
Views:	912
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	27919  
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #20
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You can try also to reinstall the scripting engine from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81

Hope it helps.
Quote:
or maybe it is enough to locate the file %windir%\inf\wsh.inf (inf is a hidden folder), right click, select "Install".
The original word2imp.js by =X= works, so I don't think WHS is broken...
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #21
ancalex

cscript

You can see in the source that I'm using the cscript.exe to run the jscript so you can try to place in the front of the command line the cscript executable like i did in my autoit script.
Anyway thank you for your interest, sorry I must go to sleep now, tomorrow a busy day at work.
By
Old 04-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #22
nrapallo

Quote:
You can see in the source that I'm using the cscript.exe to run the jscript so you can try to place in the front of the command line the cscript executable like i did in my autoit script.
Anyway thank you for your interest, sorry I must go to sleep now, tomorrow a busy day at work.
By
IT WORKS JUST AS IS!!!!!!!!!

My fault for trying to run this deep inside subdirectories, as I noticed the Windows (default) environment space gets exhausted if the "command.com /c cscript ScriptDir\word2imp.js OpenFileName Title Author Category BuildTarget" is too long.

Code:
D:\REB\NEWFOL~1\NE3CF9~1\WORD2I~1>command.com /c cscript "D:\REB\New Folder\New Folder (10)\word2imp-source\word2imp.js" Joke.doc T A C 2
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.7
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Converting... Please wait
Project file saved
Conversion completed

D:\REB\NEWFOL~1\NE3CF9~1\WORD2I~1>command.com /c cscript "D:\REB\New Folder\New Folder (10)\word2imp-source\word2imp.js" Joke.doc MyTitle MyAuthor MyCategory 2
Program too big to fit in memory
I think if you change "command.com /c" to "command.com /c /e:4096" it should help.

However, upon further testing, it appears that the REAL culprit is that @ScriptDir breaks this command when the fullpath directory name (but not $OpenedFileName directory or filename) contains spaces!!!

Can you just substitute $ScrFile where it can be defined as a global at the start of the script? i.e.
Code:
Global $ScrFile=@ScriptDir & "\word2imp.js"
Have a pleasant well-deserved rest!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-21-2009 at 06:17 PM. Reason: added possible enhancements
Old 04-23-2009, 04:25 AM   #23
ancalex

problems fixed (I hope), enhancements added

Hi
Here there is the fixed an enhanced version of my gui wrapper for the jscript written by =X=.
It was my fault to omit quoting the directory where the script resides so I corrected this issue and now the gui is working properly.

nrapallo suggested this:

Quote:
I think if you change "command.com /c" to "command.com /c /e:4096" it should help.
but in autoit the shell invoked by the script is not command.com (the older ms-dos shell) but cmd.exe (the new shell introduced by Microsoft first in windows2000 OS), so I don't think that is necessary to increase the quantity of the extra memory needed by the shell. (cmd.exe does not even has a switch for this cases).
So, I changed a little bit the javascript code and now you can produce imp file from doc, rtf, html, txt, ppt, and pps documents and I have decided to change the name of the program to any2IMP.
I attached the new version bellow:
first the exe compiled with autoit and the modified javascript
second the sources
If you are concerned about the false positives raised by some antivir or antimalware products please take only the source and, you can download AutoIt and you can compile the exe by yourself. The false positives issue it is a known problem, you can read about it on autoit forum (see one of my previous post).
Attached Files
File Type: zip any2IMP-exe.zip (297.6 KB, 795 views)
File Type: zip any2IMP-source.zip (2.9 KB, 772 views)
Old 04-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #24
nrapallo

Quote:
Hi
Here there is the fixed an enhanced version of my gui wrapper for the jscript written by =X=.

So, I changed a little bit the javascript code and now you can produce imp file from doc, rtf, html, txt, ppt, and pps documents and I have decided to change the name of the program to any2IMP.
Fantastic enhancements! It works GREAT!

I'm going to be happy to enhance this further, and to start with, in any2IMP.au3, try replacing line 44 with:
Code:
			$OpenedFileName = FileOpenDialog("Choose file...", $LastDir, "MS Word .doc files (*.doc)|MS Word .rtf files (*.rtf)|MS PPT .ppt files (*.ppt;*.pps)|HTML .htm files (*.htm*)|TEXT .txt files (*.txt)|All Files (*.*)")
This will help filter out only the input types supported.

Check out my new Any2IMP IE v6 screenshots added here showing more planned input types to be supported.

Next to add my mobi2imp.pl and Lit2sp.pl Perl scripts, but first they will need to be converted to jscript...

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-23-2009 at 11:53 AM. Reason: enhanced my enhancement
Old 04-23-2009, 12:57 PM   #25
nrapallo

allow .opf conversions to .imp in any2IMP

OK, let the enhancements begin!

I changed line 83 in any2IMP.js to:
Code:
    project.CSS = 2;
This will allow margins to be better supported in the resulting ebooks. I think this is a MUST!

I added another "convert from" if statement before line 40 in any2IMP.js, namely:
Code:
if (szBaseNameExt == ".opf"){
WScript.StdOut.WriteLine("Converting... Please wait");
oBuilder.BuildFromProject(
				sDirName + "\\" + fileName);
				WScript.StdOut.WriteLine("Conversion completed");
				WScript.Quit();
}
Now only if we can get access to the .tmp (html) file that gets created (and then deleted) by eBook Publisher as well as the images. I tried .epub, but the images are not stored (a bug with eBook Publisher). Previously, I was able to overcome this by first creating the older .oeb and then thereafter creating the .epub (see this solution in my latest mobi2imp.pl v9.4d)

Oh, by the way, with the above ability to convert directly from .opf to .imp, you will need to tweak in any2IMP.au3 line 44 again to be:
Code:
			$OpenedFileName = FileOpenDialog("Choose file...", $LastDir, "MS Word .doc files (*.doc)|MS Word .rtf files (*.rtf)|MS PPT .ppt files (*.ppt;*.pps)|HTML .htm files (*.htm*)|TEXT .txt files (*.txt)|OPF .opf files (*.opf)|All Files (*.*)")
Enjoy!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-23-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #26
ancalex

Thank you for this suggestions, they are very useful, it's a shame but I completely forgotten about filters in the open dialog. That's more better now.
About the perl script that you mentione in your post, I must say, sorry but I don't know perl so I can not follow your sugestion. Even with the javascript I had to tell I was in trouble because I'm new also in java scripting.
Anyway for lit converting I find a program called "clit" at http://www.convertlit.com/ and seems to be interesting, it converts lit to OEBPS. I made some testing and it is working fast but the .opf project that is saved seems to be not compatible with Ebook Publisher's own .opf .
Please detail me a little because I don't understood very well what you want to say with:
Quote:
Now only if we can get access to the .tmp (html) file that gets created (and then deleted) by eBook Publisher as well as the images. I tried .epub, but the images are not stored (a bug with eBook Publisher).
I guess I missing something, (never used .opf only for creating ebooks)
Old 04-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #27
nrapallo

Quote:
Thank you for this suggestions, they are very useful, it's a shame but I completely forgotten about filters in the open dialog. That's more better now.
Thanks for being so receptive to modifications!

Quote:
About the perl script that you mentione in your post, I must say, sorry but I don't know perl so I can not follow your sugestion. Even with the javascript I had to tell I was in trouble because I'm new also in java scripting.
Anyway for lit converting I find a program called "clit" at http://www.convertlit.com/ and seems to be interesting, it converts lit to OEBPS. I made some testing and it is working fast but the .opf project that is saved seems to be not compatible with Ebook Publisher's own .opf .
A while back I used the program Lit2sb to convert .lit directly into .imp formats and even extracted the Lit2sb.pl Perl script used. This program does the necessary changes to the lit .opf so that it can be used with eBook Publisher. The Perl script shows how it is done and has been proven to work extremely well. For quick setup instructions for Lit2sb, Mobi2IMP and PDFRead, see this post.

I too lack the necessary Perl to Javascript coding knowledge, but with your help and previously =X='s, I think we can manage to get something working. We can take small steps and see how far it will get us...

Quote:
Please detail me a little because I don't understood very well what you want to say with:

I guess I missing something, (never used .opf only for creating ebooks)

First, .opf files "hold" or specify everything that the ebook creation software needs to know, be it eBook Publisher or MobiPocket Creator. Each program uses a bit different setup, but the general coding remains the same. Now a .opf is also the cornerstone of .epub files, being a roadmap of its structure and where metadata is stored. They are very useful files to have!!!!

OK, now more on the .tmp files. Examine a .opf file leftover and even load it (by double-clicking it) into eBook Publisher after the ebook has been created. You'll notice that the .tmp holding the .html code is "missing" as are any images referred therein.

Now, if you look inside the ETI .epub (open it up with winzip or my preference being winrar), you will see the .opf above and THAT .tmp (html) file missing above. That file is what I want to have access to and most definitely would post-process it using many desirable text substiutions. However, that file and any images only existing in the temp directory created by eBook Publisher (and then deleted BEFORE I can get to it).

I tried creating a .oeb using any2IMP, but it appears broken in that it doesn't include the underlying base (html) .tmp file and any images. It used to work with v2.2.5 (before .epub support was added).

This is my current "mission", to get access to these .tmp files. Wish me luck!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-23-2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #28
ancalex

Hi
Quote:
I too lack the necessary Perl to Javascript coding knowledge, but with your help and previously =X='s, I think we can manage to get something working. We can take small steps and see how far it will get us...
I will try to help if I could with the coding.
Quote:
Now, if you look inside the ETI .epub (open it up with winzip or my preference being winrar), you will see the .opf above and THAT .tmp (html) file missing above. That file is what I want to have access to and most definitely would post-process it using many desirable text substiutions.
Now I understand, I have noticed this behavior when i created for test .epub files, and even when I used ExplodeOCF method the temp file was inaccessible in ebook Publisher. I will look again if I can find something useful.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #29
nrapallo

any2IMP v0.1

OK, I finally got it to save the images within .epub files. It's a kludge/hack but works for now.

The .oeb that gets created allows the .epub to include the extracted images and hence produces a usable .epub. TO DO: Need to see if I can Extract OEBFF from within OnBuildStart.

I can't say the same for the .oeb that gets created though. eBook Publisher can't even open the .oeb file it creates, so there is no easy way to extract the .oeb to get at the source files!

Use the ETI .epub Build target if you want/need to tweak the conversion and change the source files (just unzip the .epub)!!!! Note: for text .txt file conversions to .imp, I had to re-edit the .tmp (html) file produced to remove the line-ending <BR>'s as without them it reflows better!!! The eBook Publisher inserted <p> ... </p> during the conversion do work well!

A few modifications:
  • added version code starting at v0.1
  • changed saved .opf filename so as to not overwrite input .opf. Naming convention is now "inputfilename_buildtargetnumber.opf"
  • selected better defaults for some less known OnBuildStart project items (trust me these are required!)
  • added defaults for title, author and category in case of an empty string passed.
  • always creates a .oeb files, but only really useful when Build target is ETI .epub!
Attached Files
File Type: zip any2IMP-v0.1-source.zip (3.2 KB, 747 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-24-2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-25-2009, 07:35 AM   #30
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
The .oeb that gets created allows the .epub to include the extracted images and hence produces a usable .epub. TO DO: Need to see if I can Extract OEBFF from within OnBuildStart.
I haven't been able to successfully use ExplodeOEBFF to extract the source files using that IBuilder method from within the .js script. The only option appears to create the .epub and use it as your source files. Must be a bug with eBook Publisher or differing syntax than the documentation in SBPubX.doc.

Quote:
I can't say the same for the .oeb that gets created though. eBook Publisher can't even open the .oeb file it creates, so there is no easy way to extract the .oeb to get at the source files!
I got eBook Publisher to FINALLY unpack its own created .oeb files (which are just text within) by editing one line therein! By changing the occurance of:
Code:
Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml
to:
Code:
Content-Type: text/x-oeb1-document
on the header of the .tmp (html) file, eBook Publisher can now open and unpack that .oeb. However, it renames the images and requires manual intervention. Another buggy aspect of this new .epub/.oeb support within eBook Publisher!

Next, I'm going to see what OnSourceStart and OnSourceDone can yield by way of access to the source files for the intent and purpose of changing it before the .imp gets created.