Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 09-02-2014, 10:57 PM   #256
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by palazzo View Post
I got mine yesterday too (UK) and have no disappointments so far. (Except maybe that it seems unable to cope with 1080p .mkv films.) There was a nasty chemical smell to the keyboard at first, but it soon wore off. Much zippier than my Asus Vivotab Smart ME400 installing programs and loading up web pages. The sensitivity of the screen is much better too and I'm much preferring the screen ratio. The charging port is magnetic btw, and may be where the pen might stick.
For .mkv files, get VLC.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #257
lovewisdom
Enthusiast
lovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Touch, Sony DPTS1
I got mine at $618 included tax after student discount $150 and Bestbuy 10% cash back promotion sale, for Surface Pro 3 64g. Get a refurbished Microsoft Type cover 3 for $59 at Ebay at Manufacture-certified store.
lovewisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #258
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
This thread seems to have settled down a bit. I am going to move it to the Windows Devices forum so that it will be easier to find in the future and may attract other users who are interested. For long term I think that is a better place to have it.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 09-04-2014 at 11:31 AM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:21 AM   #259
palazzo
Enthusiast
palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For .mkv files, get VLC.
I was using VLC. I had a couple of 1008 rips that both started juddering about 5 mins in. I dl'd 720 versions and they work fine. The 1008s also wouldn't let me jump forward. Maybe it's the rips. I'll experiment.
palazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #260
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It has to be the rips. I've had 1080p play no problem on my Surface Pro 2 with VLC and doing so across the network.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2014, 03:19 AM   #261
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It has to be the rips. I've had 1080p play no problem on my Surface Pro 2 with VLC and doing so across the network.
I have a GoPro camera which records video in 1080p. It plays absolutely fine on my 1st gen Surface Pro.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #262
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Additional Power Plans

In 3DMark Benchmark, my Surface Pro 3 i7 "only" is in the range of 49.000, whereas their database states an average of about 54.000.
So I searched for some tuning options: http://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comm...surface_pro_3/
When adding Hyper-V, additional power plans become available.
Obviously, I went for "High Performance" instead of the pre-configured "balanced".
3DMark (balanced) = 49.129
3DMark (high performance) = 48.740
Not what I had expected - obviously.
But at least there's an impact and now I'm going to play around.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #263
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
The i7 has some serious throttling issues, Microsoft has received quite a backlash since a lot of programmers bought the i7 thinking they could compile while taking a bathroom break at Starbucks.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #264
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
My Samsung ATIV Smart PC died last week, so Friday I went down to Best Buy and picked up a 256 GB/8 GB Surface Pro 3. I got a few discounts, so the bottom line including a keyboard, sleeve and sales tax came in at $1,385.31.

So far I'm highly impressed, but give me a few days to see how it earns its keep at work and I'll let you know.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #265
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
My Samsung ATIV Smart PC died last week, so Friday I went down to Best Buy and picked up a 256 GB/8 GB Surface Pro 3. I got a few discounts, so the bottom line including a keyboard, sleeve and sales tax came in at $1,385.31.

So far I'm highly impressed, but give me a few days to see how it earns its keep at work and I'll let you know.
IMHO, at least re. build quality, it blows all Samsung tablets out of the water.
So: Congratulations!
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #266
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
IMHO, at least re. build quality, it blows all Samsung tablets out of the water.
So: Congratulations!
Thanks, and I agree.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #267
Mathemagician
Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kinlde Voyage
Accessories for Surface Pro

Beginning of this year I saw a bluetooth adapter for the Microsoft keyboards on the US website. Never on the German Microsoft website.
It seemed, this adapter mainly was consisting of the battery compartment. It reminded me of the curves of the Apple wireless keyboard.
It seemed, the adapter could be attached to the Microsoft Type keyboard and then it became a standard bluetooth keyboard.
I wanted to buy this from the very beginning, but it didn't seem to be released in Germany ever.
Has anyone of you bought or seen this adapter?
Can it still be ordered?
Mathemagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #268
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
The BT adapter for the Touch/Type/Power Covers was discontinued about 6 months ago. Your best chaance to find it is on eBay. Expect to pay a premium for it.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote