Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #21421
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Not that kind of gas. I'm talking about the ethelyene gas that fruits give off... it causes them to ripen/spoil... they have these green bags that absorb that gas so the ruit lasts longer. I think I'm gonna order some.

https://www.greenbags.com

BOb
Why couldn't you just put them next to a fan?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #21422
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Not that kind of gas. I'm talking about the ethelyene gas that fruits give off... it causes them to ripen/spoil... they have these green bags that absorb that gas so the ruit lasts longer. I think I'm gonna order some.

https://www.greenbags.com

BOb
We used something similar to the bags. It worked ok.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #21423
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
He made it! *Happy Dance*
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:42 AM   #21424
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
He made it! *Happy Dance*
Yay! Thanks for letting us know he arrived and everything is OK.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:57 AM   #21425
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
naughty cat!

Whilst I was away at the gym and half an hour before I was due to come home, bloke heard the garage door open. He wondered why I was home so early, and went out to the garage to greet me.

Lo and behold, the cat was in the car, operating the garage remote with a guilty look on his face.

He is getting naughtier with age. Yesterday (having forgotten his near miss last year), he tried to race through the garage as the door was closing. I have to constantly wait for the door to close with remote in hand in case he tries it again.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #21426
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
naughty cat!

Whilst I was away at the gym and half an hour before I was due to come home, bloke heard the garage door open. He wondered why I was home so early, and went out to the garage to greet me.

Lo and behold, the cat was in the car, operating the garage remote with a guilty look on his face.

He is getting naughtier with age. Yesterday (having forgotten his near miss last year), he tried to race through the garage as the door was closing. I have to constantly wait for the door to close with remote in hand in case he tries it again.
we have sensors here to prevent that sort of thing!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #21427
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
@SS - hide the car keys! Now! Before you get that call from the police at 2 am to go down to the station & bail Mr. M out for driving under the influence of catnip!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #21428
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
@SS - hide the car keys! Now! Before you get that call from the police at 2 am to go down to the station & bail Mr. M out for driving under the influence of catnip!

Lucky we don't have car keys. He could press the start button and go, but only if he had the little thingy in his bag, which he doesn't. Bloke hides his, and Mr M is too stoopid to get mine out of my bag. Phfeww!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:35 AM   #21429
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After loading up my plate for Thanksgiving seconds yesterday—a move I immediately regretted—I carried the goodies to the living room for consumption, where I was immediately assaulted by the television set which my wife had left on. Dr. Phil was on the air. I immediately began a search for the TV remote to remove myself from his sphere of influence, but by the time I found it my I.Q. had noticeably dropped several points. I could actually feel brain cells committing suicide rather than face another moment processing that garbage. Now I know how the HAL-9000 felt when Bowman began disconnecting its higher functions. "Daisy, Daisy/Give me your answer true/I'm half crazy/All for the love...of..."
Old 11-23-2012, 03:44 AM   #21430
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
"Daisy, Daisy/Give me your answer true/I'm half crazy/All for the love...of..."
Great memories... Daisy, Daisy...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:04 AM   #21431
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
"Daisy, Daisy/Give me your answer true/I'm half crazy/All for the love...of..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Great memories... Daisy, Daisy...

Stitchawl
Great movie, although it really took a while for me to come close to understanding it. Hal, of course, was my favorite.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:36 AM   #21432
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Great movie, although it really took a while for me to come close to understanding it. Hal, of course, was my favorite.
When installing the Windows operating system, the user is prompted to provide a name for the computer. I wonder how many people have named their computers 'Hal'? Since Win 3.5, mine have always been 'Hal.'

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:40 AM   #21433
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
When installing the Windows operating system, the user is prompted to provide a name for the computer. I wonder how many people have named their computers 'Hal'? Since Win 3.5, mine have always been 'Hal.'
Hmm... with home automation coming, and it being tied to a house computer, I can see you in a few year's time:

"Open the garage door, Hal."
"I'm sorry Stitchawl. I'm afraid I can't do that."
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:05 AM   #21434
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I think the soundboard is going on my computer. For the last couple of weeks, I've had to increase the volume every day. It used to rattle the windows at the volume I've got it set at now.

Maybe it's time for a new PC. I've had this one since Vista first came out.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:47 AM   #21435
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Words With Friends board game... There is now a Words with Friends board game.... From Hasbo no less.

WTF?! Do they really believe consumers are this stupid??
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness