Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Req for devs: assign another function to goodreads button.

I don't use goodreads so that button is useless to me. It'd be great to be able to assign a different function to it, like toggle wifi.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:52 PM   #2
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
What have you tried so far? Is your device jailbroken? Can you ssh in? Do you want to do any of the work or do you want 'someone else' to do it for you?

I don't have a 'Goodreads' button on my touch, what is it, anyway?
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
I don't have a 'Goodreads' button on my touch, what is it, anyway?
It's a PW upgrade, us touch users don't have it (yet).

It lets you use some of the integration features between the Kindle Platform and Goodreads.

Here's a picture from the product page, note the top button that looks like a "g":

Spoiler:

@barty, this should be the same idea as when people changed the store icon to open the browser, see here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178752
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #4
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post

@barty, this should be the same idea as when people changed the store icon to open the browser, see here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178752

Thanks. That'll give me some place to start.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
Barty
doofus

in pw2, /usr/share/webkit-1.0/pillow/javascripts/search_bar.js has actions for 'badge' and 'discovery' changing neither of which did anything to change the goodreads button, so I tried the action for 'store' instead.

seems like this should work

Code:
        store: function () {
            //nativeBridge.setLipcProperty(M, "start", B);
           // disable wifi
            nativeBridge.setLipcProperty("com.lab126.cmd", "wirelessEnable", 0);
            nativeBridge.dismissChrome();
        },
but does nothing. any hint is appreciated.

this below DOES work, so I'm in the right area

Code:
nativeBridge.setLipcProperty("com.lab126.winmgr", "orientationLock", "L");
Advert
Old 01-22-2014, 09:53 PM   #6
Barty
doofus

ok, I figured out a couple of things

1/ it should be

Code:
nativeBridge.setIntLipcProperty("com.lab126.cmd", "wirelessEnable", 0);
(duh)

2/ changing

Code:
discovery: function () { 
}
only affects the goodreads button in the home screen.

I still don't know what badge does.

anyway, this is what I ended up doing

Code:
        store: function () {
            /*
            // original
            nativeBridge.setLipcProperty(M, "start", V);
            */
            if (nativeBridge.getIntLipcProperty("com.lab126.cmd", "wirelessEnable")!=0) {
                nativeBridge.setIntLipcProperty("com.lab126.cmd", "wirelessEnable", 0);
            } else {
                nativeBridge.setLipcProperty(M, "start", B);
            }
            nativeBridge.dismissChrome();
        },
this changes store button to turn off wifi if it is on and open store if wifi is off.

I should mention this is PW2 5.4.2. the code is minified and obfuscated. I used http://jsbeautifier.org/ to make it readable. seems to work with no adverse effects.