Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Looler
Looler began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Reading Life issues

So my kobo's reading life is all screwed up. It says I finished 11 books, read for 15 hours and that my library is 0% finished. It has this way for a REALLY long time. I'm positive that I have read more than 11 books but reading life isnt showing it. It also has similar issues when I'm reading a book. The stats dont update or anything. I've had many other issues and have done the resets for them but nothing concerning reading life changed. Any other possible solutions?
Looler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Is it possible that you have read only 11 kepubs? the sync shtuff for reading life seems to happen only for kepubs, with sideloaded books stored locally on your device. When you do a reset, you lose that data.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Reading just regular epubs will be tracked as well. At least they've been tracked on mine. Most of my books have been either public domain epubs or from the library with a few kepubs downloaded directly to my Touch that I purchased and all books read have shown in my reading life.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I've been told that the regular ePUBs are tracked on the device, not through sync. If you reset your reader, that info is lost. I could have been told the wrong thing, of course . I do know that if you don't sync, you can't recover any of it. Oddly enough, some people never sync at all.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I believe you're right when it comes to syncing. Hopefully I'll never have to reset and find out.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo, kobo touch, reading life, sync