Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
OEBError: Spine is empty.

Can anyone tell me how to correct the above error. It happens when I run a convert on an epub that was cleaned up with Sigil.
dicknskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The error indicates that the EPUB file is invalid.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
You should probably post your whole error log though - in some cases that's the final error after some previous function failed.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
I did some more research and found that there was a small problem with the header xhtml. What confused me was that it opened fine on my Sony-505, in E-book-viewer from Calibre, and in Sigil. In Sigil the epub validator never did show the exact error. I found it by removing bits and pieces until I got down to the minimum and then did a review by eye.
dicknskip is offline   Reply With Quote