Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
flyash
Groupie
flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Downloading several years of blogposts via custom recipe

I have a blog I'd like to catch up on offline. Is it possible to create a custom recipe that retrieves all the blog posts? The blog goes back several years and about 1000 posts.

Last edited by flyash; 12-31-2010 at 02:51 PM.
flyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyash View Post
Is it possible to create a custom recipe that retrieves all the blog posts? The blog goes back several years and about 1000 posts.
If you can see it in a browser - Yes.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
flyash
Groupie
flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
If you can see it in a browser - Yes.
When I put the feed url into a browser, all I get is the Add to Google page that asks if you want to add the feed to your Google homepage or to Google reader.

However, I can see ALL the posts in Google Reader (just have to scroll down and Greader fetches older posts). Does that open any doors to a solution?
Old 12-31-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyash View Post
I can see ALL the posts in Google Reader
I don't use Google Reader, so I can't help much. If there are direct links to the articles, it should be straight forward. Next, you can look at the Google Reader recipe. Finally, you can code up something equivalent and access through GR. The last option will get you to your solution, but I don't know if you have the skills needed or even how hard it is.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #5
flyash
Groupie

Thanks, I figured out how to do it using the Google Reader recipe.
Advert