Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 02:48 AM   #1
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
Latest e-books: presentation change

hi people,
I wanted to propose you a small change in the main mobileread page, in the sidebar "Latest e-books" - I dont know if it has been already discussed, however...
I often have a look there to see if there's something interesting, but the increase of number of formats makes the current presentation awful: with 8 "latest" books described, I can see only 1 (today: Moore, George: Vain Fortune. V1. 2) in 8 formats.
Can we just have 1 post per book, possibly with an additional line of the type "available in Mobi/LRF/ePub/etc formats"?

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
In "Browse Latest Uploads" under E-books on the blue line? If that's what you're asking about, what you can do once the list loads up is to click on the button next to "Format" and then select your type of format you want. Then all you will have is that one. I always click that button as soon as I can and don't even look at the list until it reloads. also, if you shift around in how you search or sort, you need to re-do this step. I hope that helps.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I think he's talking about the "Latest E-Books" frame in the https://www.mobileread.com/ homepage.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxm View Post
Can we just have 1 post per book, possibly with an additional line of the type "available in Mobi/LRF/ePub/etc formats"?

alessandro
I suspect it's an automatic feed from all of the ebook forums, and the change you suggest would require appointing a person to oversee all entries to the "latest ebooks" section. If that's the case, it's very unlikely that it will change.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I suspect it's an automatic feed from all of the ebook forums, and the change you suggest would require appointing a person to oversee all entries to the "latest ebooks" section. If that's the case, it's very unlikely that it will change.
Ah. I have to admit I never look there.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do see that it is a mess on the front page for new eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote