Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 10-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Question - where is the default bookshelf for a 1150 online?

Hi again all,

yeah me again, mr multiple questions rofl

my latest question is this:

Were is the default bookshelf for the 1150 on the web?

I want to login to it and down load a copy of the dictionary and the user manual locally to my pc.

I cannt seem to track down were its stored at tho.

Ive tired my bookwise / fictionwise shelfs and they arent it.

eTech doesnt seem to have a link to one etc.

So, just were ARE the default books they give you that "bookshelf" at? (you know the ones, fall of the house of usher, princess of mars, dictioinary etc )

Thanks again =)
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
psst... in the ETI servers; only accessible from the hardware reader, pass it on...

BTW, the dictionary IS encrypted to your hardware reader and cannot be read on another's device. In other words, it's locked to your device. Tap the book icon beside the dictionary's title in your eBookshelf for a picture of that "lock"!

You can make a backup copy of it using a SM card reader and your reader's SM card. Find the .res folder and copy it to your PC, then use reimp.exe or sbtest.exe to convert the .res folder back to a .imp. These programs can be found at the bottom of the IMP software wiki.

psst... I was never here....
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #3
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

and once again we bump in the night ..eerrrrr i mean pass on a crowded street !!!

thanks again =)
Old 10-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #4
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't mind a little bump here and there.

These are great questions (for beginners and non-technical users alike); so keep asking...

BTW, a lot of people WILL benefit!
Old 10-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
askyn
Addict

heres another for you then =)

I copied the two files in question off just fine, and saved them to my pc.

and converted them back to imps buy running reimp. went just fine.

BUT here is were things get strange.

I used librarian to change the catagory of the two files ( wanted to group them together in thier own little corner ). Now they wont reload onto the 1150 using impserv or librarian.

The error states that I need a large amount of the memory card to be free 67-80 % free ). which it is actually right now rofl ( about 90% free)

Would i have to DE-imp these files and move them manually over to get them to register properly?

*(goign to try it out .. hope i dont blow my 1150 )
Old 10-04-2008, 12:17 AM   #6
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
heres another for you then =)

I copied the two files in question off just fine, and saved them to my pc.

and converted them back to imps buy running reimp. went just fine.

BUT here is were things get strange.

I used librarian to change the catagory of the two files ( wanted to group them together in thier own little corner ). Now they wont reload onto the 1150 using impserv or librarian.
That's eBookwise Librarian (or GEBLibrarian) right? Not Imp Librarian? If the books are encrypted it should still be possible to edit the meta data using GEB/eBookwise Librarian. I haven't really tried this, but will soon give it a whirl.

Quote:
The error states that I need a large amount of the memory card to be free 67-80 % free ). which it is actually right now rofl ( about 90% free)
Probably caused by the error above editing the meta data.

Quote:
Would i have to DE-imp these files and move them manually over to get them to register properly?
No, deimp.exe only uncompresses the LSZZ compressed text. It doesn't decrypt the .imp file. I think you meant to say UN-imp. Try it using both ways: (1) copying the .imp to the root directory of the card and (2) exploding the .imp to a .res folder and then dragging that .res folder into the ebooks directory on the SM card.

Quote:
*(goign to try it out .. hope i dont blow my 1150 )
Stand back......