Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #61
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Gargoyle:

Yes, we are busy... but, NO, you should not have to wait to be answered! Would you please phone: 1-866-368-8788!! OR... jot me a private message with your real name and shiiping address.

I am very sorry for the let-down in recent customer service. The main problem is we get flooded with people wanting updates after we have already shipped out. Then, there are 50-100 more people placing new orders that need shipping immediately. We do not mean to lack in contacting you back... we just need more people.

Call and get your answer immediately!

Well, I re-ordered on Saturday and specified over-night, have not received a shipping notice yet. I'll call tomorrow if I don't hear something (or heaven forbid have it delivered) by tomorrow.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #62
jojo81
jojo81 began at the beginning.

Device: ezreader
well i private messaged you the other day regarding my query as you asked robert. any ideas as i would really like to order tonight if i can get a response
jojo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #63
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
I suppose with international orders any returns back to the buyer Astak have to pay, so I guess they lose money on each return
Most definitely. I just RMA my unit, and they have advised me that they will refund the cost of the postage and ship a replacement unit for me.

Given the cost of the unit was US$199, they will have to pay close to US$70 for the unit to be shipped back to them and then shipped a replacement to me, I can honestly say that I am more than happy with the level of service and commitment by the company to stand by their product.
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #64
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
My customer service story

My EZReader Pocket Pro was scheduled to arrive on a Friday, and while riding the train home from work that day I received an e-mail saying that Astak was aware of the issue with the peeling finish, and if I was having a problem I could return it at their cost. I arrived home to find the Pocket Pro sitting at my door, and when I opened it, there was indeed some peeling issues. I had waited so long for the reader that I debated keeping it anyway, but RobertB's comment about "we want you to have a perfect Pocket Pro" convinced me to send it back. I sent an e-mail that night and received an RMA number within an hour. (I live in southeastern Pennsylvania, so there is a 3-hour time difference.)

I played with the reader over the weekend a little. I have a vacation coming up next week, and knew I wanted to bring it along, so I called Astak to find out my options for expedited shipping to be sure I would receive the replacement in time for my trip. I was transferred to Amy, and I offered to pay for expedited shipping. We discussed shipping options; I decided on UPS 3-day and gave her my credit card number to be charged when shipped.

I returned the unit the next day (Tuesday) via USPS Priority Mail at my expense (about $12 with delivery confirmation/tracking and insurance). The unit was delivered to Astak on Thursday according to USPS tracking. On Friday, Amy called me (several times) and left a voice mail and also e-mailed me to tell me that they had received the unit and were ready to send a replacement; however, she had spoken to the warehouse and they were certain I would receive the unit in time for my trip even if I just used regular UPS, and then I wouldn't have to pay for shipping. If I contacted her by 4 p.m. Pacific time, she would have the replacement shipped out that night via UPS; if she didn't hear from me, they would ship it out via UPS 3-day on Monday and charge my card. I called her and said, yes please, ship it regular UPS.

Yesterday (Wednesday) the package was on my doorstep. And so far the finish is perfect! (I got a replacement for the Slate Blue.) Fingers and toes crossed in that department.

I have to say I was pretty impressed that Amy took note of my particular issue, including the date of my trip, and offered me, unsolicited, an option that saved me money and got the unit to me just as quickly. They could have shipped it out 3-day and charged me and I would have been none the wiser. Well played, Astak.

P.S. I sent back the SD card, not knowing I was supposed to keep it, and there was another one in the box of the replacement unit. Not sure if that was accidental or on purpose, but thanks again.

Last edited by MaggieScratch; 10-01-2009 at 10:16 AM.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote