Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-01-2015, 09:46 PM   #1
paulornothing
paulornothing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard with 3g
Kindle Keyboard Screen Issues

Hello Everyone, I've been having some intermittent issues with my Kindle Keyboard. I will get some horizontal lines across the screen. I've taken good care of it and it hasn't been dropped or crushed as far as I know. I've been debating buying a new one but if there is an easy fix for this problem I would like to try that first.

Here is a picture of what I'm experiencing. I can't routinely trigger the lines to happen and they sometimes go away when I refresh the screen. Sometimes but not always. Any ideas of what it could be or steps I can take to troubleshoot would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by paulornothing; 09-01-2015 at 09:48 PM.
paulornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:22 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Almost unquestionably a faulty screen controller. It's a hardware fault. The only solution would be to replace the screen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
malligator
Enthusiast
malligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
I've had a KK since it was called K3. I, just this week, started experiencing screen anomalies. Like you, I've treated it perfectly and it looks dang near brand new. I guess I can't complain. It's given me many years of good service. Next up...Kindle Voyage.
malligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:29 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It is at least worth doing a hard reset before coming to any conclusions: hold slider for 15-30 seconds until it reboots. And one could also try factory reset.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, screen