Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #16
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I'm getting light blue!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #17
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
It looks like this ad has more information about batteries... I always liked the form factor of pocket book 360 so it looks like a nice device. I hope it has the screen size not less and not more than 5" .
I see PR posted by ectaco today but it has no any information about jetBook mini
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #18
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I hope it has the screen size not less and not more than 5"
But there are already Exacto Jetbook (and other ebook readers) that are 5 inches. What I would like a "Mini" to be is one smaller-- 3.5" maybe. Back when I was reading on a Handspring Visor PDA, I could and did slip it in my pants pocket anywhere I went. My Sony PRS-300, though-- is just barely on the edge of shirt-pocketable, and I'd never trust that glass screen wedged into a pants pocket. So I want a secondary reader-- with an Eink display-- that has overall length and width more like that of my old PDA that would be a casual, default carry-along. I want a Mini that is-- well-- mini.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:50 PM   #19
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
I'd like to have a bigger screen for reading, not smaller. 5-inch-screen reader is absolutely the smallest I would buy.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #20
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
5" screen is a perfect size for me so I hope jetBook mini will have the same screen that jetBook Lite and jetBook units. I'm not sure if I will buy it if they used e-ink screen.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #21
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
The expiration date on the coupon is 12/2010.

And no nothing about the device at all. Just the name and the picture. I set up a Google alert about this but all i get is blogs and posts stemming from this thread.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #22
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
wow. looks nice. i wonder how much its gonna cost.

dibs on any of those colors cuz they are so bright! lol
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #23
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Basic black works fine for me. That could be the ultimate portable Ereader right there.
Especially if it comes in at a reasonable price point like around 80$.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #24
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Especially if it comes in at a reasonable price point like around 80$.
At this price I would buy them for my kids to use on the school bus.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #25
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
Idk but i'm fond of the yellow with the black buttons for some reason. I'm not sure if you can tell in the pic but it seems like the one in between white and black is a kind of beige or pearl white which looks interesting also.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #26
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FWIW, I de-skewed the screen on that image and the aspect ratio of the screen is right at 1.5:1 (landscape) not the 1.33:1 of 5" (and 6") standard Eink panels.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #27
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Owning a Mighty Mouse, I would say that this is a nice way to copy its form factor (actually it looks more like the first prototypes of the PB360). I'd like to see how sturdy the buttons are though. I'm in the field of lovers of the "embedded" big side buttons of the MM, as they are sturdy, unlike the cross, which I deem a bit flimsy.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #28
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
FWIW, I de-skewed the screen on that image and the aspect ratio of the screen is right at 1.5:1 (landscape) not the 1.33:1 of 5" (and 6") standard Eink panels.
so you think its gonna be smaller or larger than a 5"?
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #29
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I just heard back from Ectaco:

No comment.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #30
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
so you think its gonna be smaller or larger than a 5"?
Well-- they already have the Jetbook Lite with a 5" display that uses AA batteries. So a new model called the "Mini" using AAA batteries sure sounds to me like something smaller. And it looks like they are trying to make it "cute" with a wide range of colors. So, yeah, my guess (having no more solid evidence than that coupon, like everyone else) is that the "Mini" is something smaller (and cheaper) than the 5" Jetbook Lite.

Tags
ectaco, ereader, jetbook, jetbook lite, jetbook mini