Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Round 2: Calling Sony Style re: PRS-500 Firmware upgrade

I have rung Sony Style for a second time (note: calling toll-free US numbers via Skype is free, handy to know when you're ringing from Australia!) at about 4 PM American West Coast time.
I spoke to one Jonathon (I think that was his name) and he knew about the firmware upgrade offer. He was very clear the offer was only available within the US.
There was silence for a few moments after this.
I pleaded that I was aware that I was very far away and that I was aware that shipping costs were an issue and that I was willing to pay them, both to and from the US.
He was much more helpful after that He took my details, promised to have someone ring back in 24 hours, and later on 48 hours, and even gave me a case number. He said he was sure that they could assist me in my particular case
The ball is rolling, can't wait for Round 3 (please don't ring at 3 AM Australian Eastern Daylight Savings, Sony, I need my beauty sleep! )
On to the Final Round..

Last edited by AprilHare; 11-20-2009 at 12:41 AM. Reason: The Final Round
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
go aprilhare !!!

(i'll add my entreaty for no 3 am calls though ; that would be barbaric !)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2009, 07:49 AM   #3
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
go aprilhare !!!

(i'll add my entreaty for no 3 am calls though ; that would be barbaric !)
I'm somewhat glad they didn't I must say I did keep my cordless phone next to my bed for two nights though!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
AprilHare
Wizard

My Reader is back now!