Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What should pshrynk name his "new" boat?
Doc's Holiday 8 20.51%
Psyche 2 5.13%
Tangent 0 0%
Ship Who Sang 2 5.13%
Flying car 4 10.26%
Heliotrope 0 0%
Deus Ex Machina 2 5.13%
Trouser Leg of Time 4 10.26%
Psnark 3 7.69%
Pshock Doc 4 10.26%
Folie a Deux 2 5.13%
Ship Happens 14 35.90%
Roger, Roger! 2 5.13%
Filthy Whore 6 15.38%
Freudian Ship 17 43.59%
Mind Dancer 2 5.13%
Molly Brown 2 5.13%
Adrian's Gift 3 7.69%
Fugue State 2 5.13%
Zany Carter 6 15.38%
Ptherapy 3 7.69%
Placeboat Effect 6 15.38%
The Blue One 12 30.77%
They Fight Crime 3 7.69%
Pay the Laddy 2 5.13%
Not Psynking 7 17.95%
# 42 3 7.69%
Wait... What? 11 28.21%
Pinwheel 10 25.64%
SUmkIV 4 10.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Name that boat!

Okay, I've gotten more than thirty great suggestions and quite a few really strange ones. (I'm looking at you, Mr T.) So here's the list. Multiple choice, but I'm letting everyone see what you vote for.

WAIT FOR THE DAMNED POLL ALREADY!

Just hought I'd toss that in for some of you who don't seem to have any patience.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Where's the poll?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You misspelled Placeboat Effect. Maybe not. Looks like Place Boat.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'd like to vote for all of them. But do you think SUmkIII would really let you name your boat SUmkIV? Or Filthy Whore? Anyway, I'm going to have to think about this for awhile. You shouldn't vote right away. You gotta think about these things. And wait for the Green Mod Fairies to adjust the poll results first.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
SUmkIV. SUmkIII would like the fact the next competition for time isn't a living, breathing entity.

Although, I do like Wait... What? It's kind of unique.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thank god this is a multiple choice, poll, that's all i can say. i did try to avoid voting for *all* the options but it was not easy narrowing my selection. in the end i got it down to my top 9. seemed like a nice round number. i voted for pinwheel because presumably if that one wins, i can go sailing whenever i want, right ? that is how it works ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Do remember that when you have a boat you also have a marine radio for speaking to the Coast Guard. It is probably the single most important piece of safety equipment (certainly I believe this sailing in the English Channel).

Now when you contact the Coast Guard in the UK and for International Maydays, Pan Pan and Securite messages you do need to give the vessels name sometimes, can you imagine:

Mayday Mayday Mayday
this is vessel Wait... What?, Wait... What?, Wait... What?
Mayday Wait... What?
Position 54 25 North 01 33 West.
etc etc

Could get very confusing, and I haven't mentioned if it was called Filthy Whore!!!!!!!!

Just a consideration lol
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Mayday Mayday Mayday
Mayday Wait... What?
etc etc
Old 07-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #9
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Do remember that when you have a boat you also have a marine radio for speaking to the Coast Guard. It is probably the single most important piece of safety equipment (certainly I believe this sailing in the English Channel).

Now when you contact the Coast Guard in the UK and for International Maydays, Pan Pan and Securite messages you do need to give the vessels name sometimes, can you imagine:

Mayday Mayday Mayday
Mayday Wait... What?
etc etc

Could get very confusing, and I haven't mentioned if it was called Filthy Whore!!!!!!!!

Just a consideration lol
that's where my vessel is perfect! what is your vessel sir?

WHEREDAFUGAREWE!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I rather like the idea of calling a mostly white boat The Blue One.

Especially as when asked why you've called a white boat The Blue One, you can nonchalantly answer "because it's next to the fish, of course"
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I rather like the idea of calling a mostly white boat The Blue One.

Especially as when asked why you've called a white boat The Blue One, you can nonchalantly answer "because it's next to the fish, of course"
and then you can roll your eyes as if to say, "tch, obviously."
Old 07-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #12
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
*pout*
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:24 AM   #13
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So, didn't like Chumley Humbert Mumblebottom-Smythe then? I...am...shocked!
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #14
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Isn't it really unlucky if you don't give a boat a girl's name?
That being the case it would kind of narrow it down to Molly Brown or possibly Filthy Whore on quick scan of the options.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #15
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Isn't it really unlucky if you don't give a boat a girl's name?
That being the case it would kind of narrow it down to Molly Brown or possibly Filthy Whore on quick scan of the options.
What about Mind Dancer?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote