Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
mgph
mgph began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
software for book keeping ?

Hi,

I got my PRS-700 this morning and am very glad so far. But I don't think the default Sony's eBook Library software is capable of handling many ebooks in proper categorized ways. It does have but not much (at least for me) especially the area of sorting the books. For example, I add many books at same time and before categorize to collections, it's very annoying to find desired books among all books + no options for sorting like by time I added to library.

I have tried calibre but I think it doesn't have options to create collections like Sony's eBook Library.

So, would you mind asking what software you use to manage tons of ebooks ?

thanks in advance
ps. sorry about my English
mgph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:26 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

sorry, that's all there is.

in calibre its called Tags.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
I second. It works perfectly.
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Here are some sites programs that may fit the bill:

http://homelibrary.co.cc/

http://www.datacrow.net/index.html
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgph View Post
Hi,

I got my PRS-700 this morning and am very glad so far. But I don't think the default Sony's eBook Library software is capable of handling many ebooks in proper categorized ways. It does have but not much (at least for me) especially the area of sorting the books. For example, I add many books at same time and before categorize to collections, it's very annoying to find desired books among all books + no options for sorting like by time I added to library.

I have tried calibre but I think it doesn't have options to create collections like Sony's eBook Library.

So, would you mind asking what software you use to manage tons of ebooks ?

thanks in advance
ps. sorry about my English
You can sort your whole library or any collection in your library, or on your reader, by any of the column headers (in the darker purple). You can sort by Title, Author, Date or Size. Just click on the date heading and you can sort in date order. Click on the little arrow in the column in which the display is currently sorted and it will change the sort from ascending to descending or vice versa.

You can even sort by relative placement # or size of book in a collection.

*note* the time is included in the date column. If you sort by date and have added several, or even a hundred, ebooks on that day, you can visually see the time that each was added to the library.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 02:35 AM   #6
mishuxp
mishuxp doesn't littermishuxp doesn't litter

Device: PRS 700
I recommend Personal Brain.
It can be great for books.
mishuxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:46 AM   #7
mgph
mgph began at the beginning.

thanks guys, for giving advice. I think calibre is the best tool for me. I can sort using its tags easily now and it's really awesome

btw, what software you guys use if need editing to read downloaded PDF on your PRS-700 model ? I use PDFCropper and so far it's awesome. I just want to cut out the unnecessary portions like margins and whitespace to make texts bigger on the reader and so, that program suits my purpose.
mgph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:40 AM   #8
Tricky
Tricky began at the beginning.

calibre can convert text based PDF, but for image pdf you're using a good one
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
thanks guys, for giving advice. I think calibre is the best tool for me. I can sort using its tags easily now and it's really awesome
Calibre is a great tool. I just wish it could sync(bookmarks page locations).
Aside from that its a great tool that makes managing books very easy
Quote:
btw, what software you guys use if need editing to read downloaded PDF on your PRS-700 model ? I use PDFCropper and so far it's awesome. I just want to cut out the unnecessary portions like margins and whitespace to make texts bigger on the reader and so, that program suits my purpose.
My first go tool is soPDF, this tool removes the margins(whitespace) but keeps it in PDF form. So it stays small in size and is searchable. Most other tools turn them to image so you cannot search or reflow/increase font size.
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote