Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Using the Calibre server function to download ebooks on a Kobo Mini

Hello everyone,

following many threads found here, I tried to use the Calibre server with the mini, to no avail. I know I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure what it is.

1- In Calibre, I "start content server" by clicking on the connect/share button.
2- On the Mini with WIFI on, I open the browser, click in the address bar and start with http:// and then the numbers of the IP address.
3- Nothing happens, even if I don't touch any part of the screen for 5 minutes.

Note that browsing on the Mini works fine other than that (fine in regards with en eInk device capability, that is).
I'm not quite sure what IP to use. When I look in Calibre (the connect/share button), the IP starts with 192. When I open preferences/change Calibre behaviour/sharing over the net/Test server, the address of the page opened starts with 127. When I check what IP is used by my computer, on Google for example, it's said to start with 88.

I have tried those three different addresses, but it's always the same thing: nothing happens on the Mini.

Any idea

Thank you in advance
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Hello everyone,

following many threads found here, I tried to use the Calibre server with the mini, to no avail. I know I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure what it is.

1- In Calibre, I "start content server" by clicking on the connect/share button.
2- On the Mini with WIFI on, I open the browser, click in the address bar and start with http:// and then the numbers of the IP address.
3- Nothing happens, even if I don't touch any part of the screen for 5 minutes.

Note that browsing on the Mini works fine other than that (fine in regards with en eInk device capability, that is).
I'm not quite sure what IP to use. When I look in Calibre (the connect/share button), the IP starts with 192. When I open preferences/change Calibre behaviour/sharing over the net/Test server, the address of the page opened starts with 127. When I check what IP is used by my computer, on Google for example, it's said to start with 88.

I have tried those three different addresses, but it's always the same thing: nothing happens on the Mini.

Any idea

Thank you in advance
127 is Local to your machine ONLY, the test uses that because it is basic

Use the 192. address AND the port defaults to 8080 (Lots of the LOW ports are blocked or reserved. use a 4 or 5 digit port number)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Thank you! It's easier to understand now.
When trying with 192 I always put : 8080 at the end but really nothing shows that the device registered that I pressed "OK"
I forgot to add that I'm using xubuntu 12.10 (64).
I'll keep trying anyway

Edit: I tried again and this time it worked! I'm not sure what was different this time and I'm the kind of person who prefers to understand, but it works so that's alright
Once again, thank you theducks for your input in helping me to know what address what the right one.

Last edited by samhy; 03-01-2013 at 10:15 AM.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote