Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Changing the cover image

Okay, I must be skipping some important step somewhere because I cannot figure this out.

I downloaded "A Princess of Mars" from Project Gutenberg in ebook format and put it on my Kobo Touch. The cover image is a bunch of ugly text in Courier font. I wanted to grab the cover from Wikipedia and put it into the book via Calibre.

Right-clicked on the file in Calibre, selected "edit metadata," then "edit metadata individually." Then clicked on "browse" under "change cover" and found the cover image I wanted to use.

In Calibre, the cover is the one I want, the image I got off Wikipedia. But when I open the book on my Kobo Touch, the image is still the ugly Courier text.

What am I missing?
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Once you have the cover set in metadata, you need to do an ePub - ePub conversion.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, thank you.

But then, I did that, and it worked for the next four books in the series that I copied over.

However, I deleted the book off the device through Calibre (it said "this will delete the book permanently, are you sure?", and I hit yes), and no matter how many times I move it to the Kobo, it will not show up. It says it's on there, in Calibre. But it's not listed. Should I not have deleted it before copying it over again?

Last edited by tecweston; 09-27-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecweston View Post
Hm, I did that, and it worked for the next four books in the series that I copied over.

However, I deleted the book off the device through Kobo (it said "this will delete the book permanently, are you sure?", and I hit yes), and no matter how many times I move it to the Kobo, it will not show up. It says it's on there, in Calibre. But it's not listed. Should I not have deleted it before copying it over again?
Use the file manager to look at the Kobo. You may have a stray OPF file for that book.
(that is why I requested the cleanup feature that is in Quality check PI . I had the same problem on my PEz.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
tecweston
Comic book artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Use the file manager to look at the Kobo. You may have a stray OPF file for that book.
(that is why I requested the cleanup feature that is in Quality check PI . I had the same problem on my PEz.)
Cool, thanks. I actually fixed the problem by loading it onto the Kobo via Adobe Digital Editions. Now I have it on the Kobo and it shows up!
Advert