Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 03:40 AM   #1
christophlin
christophlin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Connect to Itunes - Epub Filename

Hi All,

I'm brand new to the forum, and had a particular problem that I keep running into

Everything works fine when I go through the the "Connect to Itunes" process, but a weird phenomenon keeps occurring. All the filenames of the transferred epubs are scrambled. For instance, when I sent "The Help" over to my iTunes, the file is copied in the following directory:

\iTunes\iTunes Media\Books\Kathryn Stockett\pxuqvccaltmpfmt.epub

This just recently started happening to me (never occurred on the my old laptop), and I've uninstalled/reinstalled/upgraded several times. I also tried setting the templates and such, but that's not working either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Chris
christophlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Hi Chris,

How are you sending them to iTunes? Are you using Calibre? The devs for that program are right here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
christophlin
christophlin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Got it. Thanks!
christophlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Don't know if this is related at all but lately titles that I was "dropping" into the iTunes Stanza app file sharing window were getting all messed up. I just quite using iTunes. As alternatives to Calibre connection, use Calibre's built in Server or you can also use something like DiskAid on your Mac (if not using Calibre or as an alternative to help troubleshoot)
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote