Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #31
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdek View Post
The Kindle screen is!....
True!
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #32
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So which case did you get?
One from Etsy. I needed one that was fabric and folded.

Sleeves ARE useless. The only thing they're good for is transporting. They aren't really the best thing you can get for an e-reader. The whole point is NOT to drop them while using them anyway. Cases are better because you can use it while using the Kindle and leave it on when not in use.

You have to remember that sleeves are more for things like laptops. They store and protect them when NOT in use.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
rooCASE Super Bubble Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Wireless Reading Device with 6" Display 3G Wi-Fi (3rd Generation and Latest Generation) (Black / Green Neon)

Do you have to challenge everything? gosh! ...

fyi, I dropped my Kindle (about 5 feet maybe) two times with Kindle inside and nothing happened! Great protection! It has a lot of cushion inside, bubbles, which helps absorbing the energy while falling! I actually believe is better than other cases without this same design which are more expensive too.

Not everything is black and white Jon ...
I'm not saying the sleeve won't protect the Kindle. But it does absolutely nothing when the Kindle isn't in the sleeve. If you have the Kindle out of the sleeve and it drops, what kind of protection does the sleeve give? Nothing at all.

In this case it is black and white. The OP needs her Kindle with some sort of protection all the time. That sleeve won't do it.

I'm not challenging anything. I'm pointing out that that that sleeve is not what's wanted as it won't provide proper protection as it's too thin to fit a Kindle with case.

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-15-2011 at 09:08 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #34
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
I'm not saying the sleeve won't protect the Kindle. But it does absolutely nothing when the Kindle isn't in the sleeve. If you have the Kindle out of the sleeve and it drops, what kind of protection does the sleeve give? Nothing at all.
Exactly! I've had more sleeves damage devices more than anything else too. Ever try pulling something out of one of them before?! They're made too tight!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you do want a sleeve, get one that's not tight and will easily fit the Kindle and case and be easy to remove. Not many are like that. Might have to get a custom made one.
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #36
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:

In this case it is black and white. The OP needs her Kindle with some sort of protection all the time. That sleeve won't do it.

I'm not challenging anything. I'm pointing out that that that sleeve is not what's wanted as it won't provide proper protection as it's too thin to fit a Kindle with case.
You said is not a case, actually is a sleeve case. You said is a waste of money, maybe for you!

Some people prefer to use their Kindle naked, I'm one of those. In my opinion a permanent case adds too much weight and it's less comfortable while holding.

Granted, if you let it dropped without any protection won't be the same than having something instead. And it looks like that's what Jessica likes or was looking for.

By the way, I never suggested using a sleeve case plus and additional protection. And I don't even understand how you can suggest one that fits or is good when you don't even have a Kindle 3 , do you?

Last edited by jocampo; 06-15-2011 at 10:03 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #37
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Some people prefer to use their Kindle naked, I'm one of those.
So do I. I have the Amazon leather case for my Kindle 2 and the only time I use it is when I travel.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
If you do want a sleeve, get one that's not tight and will easily fit the Kindle and case and be easy to remove. Not many are like that. Might have to get a custom made one.
This one from Body Glove works quite well and is not tight at all. It even holds my Nook Color.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:45 AM   #39
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdek View Post
The Kindle screen is!....
Quote:
True!
WRONG.

it is white and GREY. Not truly black, it has 16 shades of GREY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
So do I. I have the Amazon leather case for my Kindle 2 and the only time I use it is when I travel.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:49 AM   #40
drowndolphin
drowndolphin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I said earlier that I dropped my Kindle and all there was were chips on the top left of it, but now just looking at it a bit closer, the thing is actually falling apart after hitting the grass in my backyard...

On Day 3.

I already contacted Amazon about it. I mean, I can see it falling apart when it hits a tile floor or concrete, but this was grass. And I'm not sure how the casing could warp like that. I can live with the chipping, but what is that with the casing?!

I did hear a crack when it fell. I've also been hearing cracks just touching on that side of the device.
My k3's back cover also brakes at the lower bottom and cracks when touching. Just glue it, everything seems all right.
drowndolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:57 AM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
This one from Body Glove works quite well and is not tight at all. It even holds my Nook Color.
Will it hold a K3 and a case?
Old 06-16-2011, 06:22 AM   #42
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Will it hold a K3 and a case?
It'll hold a K3 inside a Kindle Leather Cover, but it's a snug fit. Lose the cover and it's a loose fit.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:28 AM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It'll hold a K3 inside a Kindle Leather Cover, but it's a snug fit. Lose the cover and it's a loose fit.
How snug? Too snug or is it easy enough to get off?

I am really surprised that sleeves are mostly junk. One would think that sleeves would be made to easily fit the device and a case.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:52 AM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
How snug? Too snug or is it easy enough to get off?

I am really surprised that sleeves are mostly junk. One would think that sleeves would be made to easily fit the device and a case.
It's easy enough to get out; but do it slowly and make sure you have a good grip on it before pulling it all the way out.

Sleeves are designed for naked devices.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #45
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
I got one of those 'universal' sleeves that fit the Kobo, Nook, etc. Since the Kindle 3 is slightly smaller, the fit is loose. However, with my silicone skin, it has a perfect fit (not too loose, not too tight).
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote