Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2009, 12:47 AM   #1
Kirari
Obsessed
Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Red Sony PRS-505
Seeking Aussies interested in new M-Edge Executive Jacket for 505

As suggested by nwinter in another thread:

Are there any Aussies interested in these covers?. They're not available on the M-Edge site as yet but Amazon are selling them so please follow the link to see some pictures.

Pictures

The purpose of this is so we can save money on combined shipping for those interested.

Edit; making a list

Cassy - Undecided
beatonl - Sapphire Blue and Marbled Red
Kirari - Smooth Black and Leisure Jacket
nwinter - light

Edit; TBC once I'm back from hols

Last edited by Kirari; 05-21-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Kirari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:01 AM   #2
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
I will be as soon as I decide between purple and pink

(and if we can get shipping down low enough!)
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
Kirari
Obsessed
Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

For me, its purple without a doubt!!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:03 AM   #4
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
I am in please. I will be going a cream one as I already have the pink leather one from Sony plus I will be ordering the leisure jacket as well. As mentioned I would dearly love to get the light as well but that make take to long.

I am happy to order them and pay via paypal which will give us an Aussie dollar breakdown the moment that I pay. Then I figure it would be no more than $3 AUD to post to each person. Lets see how many we get and go from there. A great way to save a few $$

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
Cassy
Zealot

I hope we can get this going because I can already see stress marks across the plastic tab thats keeping my 505 in place
Old 05-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #6
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well there is at least 3 of us so that means that the shipping will come down from $29 US each to about $11 US each which is about $25 AUD saving each ( or 2 books). Its not a case of getting the people, more that Medge dont have them listed yet on their site. Once they are there we can go for it.

Natalie
Old 05-12-2009, 12:09 AM   #7
Kirari
Obsessed

I was just wondering, why is Amazon selling M-edge products before M-edge themselves, do?
Old 05-12-2009, 02:26 AM   #8
beatonl
beatonl doesn't litterbeatonl doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
I'm in - I'd want the turquoise one for me, and the red on for my friend.

Edit: The turquoise I note they are calling "sapphire blue" and the red is "marbled red"
beatonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:27 AM   #9
nwinter
Zealot

so thats 5 people so far. Just did a test on the web page and 5 covers comes to a total of $39 US for shipping. It looks like it goes up about $2 per extra cover so have a look at the leisure Jackets as well as it will only cost and extra $2 to have that shipped.

I think the Blue is actually blue so b sure before you order it Beatonl

Natalie
Old 05-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirari View Post
I was just wondering, why is Amazon selling M-edge products before M-edge themselves, do?
I'm assuming M-edge hasn't gotten whatever distribution or website changes that are required done yet. It was M-edge themselves who notified me that they were available on Amazon, even though they weren't on their own site yet...

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #11
nwinter
Zealot

Bad news. I need to pull out of the group order. I have has an offer to get the 2 covers over to me that I cant refuse via the US and Amazon. Sorry guys but you will still save a bundle with you all ordering together.

Natalie
Old 05-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #12
Kirari
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinter View Post
Bad news. I need to pull out of the group order. I have has an offer to get the 2 covers over to me that I cant refuse via the US and Amazon. Sorry guys but you will still save a bundle with you all ordering together.

Natalie
Oooohh lucky you ! Let us know what you think of them
Old 05-14-2009, 03:46 AM   #13
Kirari
Obsessed

They're available to buy!

For 5 units it comes to a total of US$188.95 so that is US$38ea unit.

Shipping within Oz will be about $5ea coming to a total of US$41.75.

If I've calculated this wrong, please correct me, I'm not too great with maths.

For those interested please send me a PM confirming the colour/s you want
Old 05-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #14
Cassy
Zealot

Sorry still deciding >.<
so hard. will get back to you by tonight
Old 05-14-2009, 08:36 PM   #15
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
If anyone is undecided, just thought I'd throw in... I just got my grey/black executive jacket, and it is GORGEOUS! Without the light, it's a bit extra wide, but I bet if I buy the light, I'll be happy for the extra width. Very secure, feels great in my hand, well made. I'm happy!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote