Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Familiar crash

Hello,
Every day, I fetch news from the Sydney Morning Herald using calibre and transfer it to my PRS500, then turn it on standby. When I go to read the news ebook, the PRS500 crashes; no error messages are given. I can read anything else beforehand but it always crashes when I attempt to read the uploaded news ebook; usually during the formatting process, sometimes when I press "read now" and occasionally after reading the table of contents.
I have no idea what's going on or why.
I should add that after this crash, the PRS500 acts normally and I can read the news ebook fine. I am using calibre 0.4.83 and PRS-500/U 1.0.03.07170

Last edited by AprilHare; 09-10-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Addendum
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's a bug in the sony firmware. You should pester SONY to fix it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It's a bug in the sony firmware. You should pester SONY to fix it.
Maybe not. It crashed yesterday overnight - after force resetting it, the behaviour seems to have gone away. Thanks for replying though.
I think Sony have had enough of PRS500 firmware update requests anyway..
Old 09-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try using eBook Library to transfer the Sydney Morning Herald to your 500. It will pre-paginate it and that may solve the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:26 PM   #5
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Try using eBook Library to transfer the Sydney Morning Herald to your 500. It will pre-paginate it and that may solve the problem.
I own a AMD64 machine and the Sony software doesn't run on that machine. I have a laptop with x86 Windows and I'd need to transfer the SMH to my laptop to do that. I understand eBook Library and calibre drivers don't like one another.
Seemed like a bit of a hassle

Last edited by AprilHare; 09-16-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Advert