Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #76
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
The new Kobo WiFi does look nice on the store displays. When not looking at them side by side I would swear that the display on the Kobos at the store looks as nice as my K3... I think that they've done a good job with the UI and use of shading. That said, it does feel more cheaply made, but I still wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I didn't already have my K3.
Off topic a little, but the wifi kobo has gone to 16-shade greyscale, up from the original 8 (not sure on display controller changes). I reckon that upgrade has made a big difference to the screen appearance. I had a quick play with a Kobo a few weeks ago, and in all honesty it felt quite a nice reader. Not sure if the wife thinks I need a 3rd reader (might have to buy one and keep it at work for reading during lunch times )
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #77
unicorn1
unicorn1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
I have a Sony PRS 650 and loovveee it!!
unicorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #78
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Only if the new device provides a better reading experience. Meaning, better quality of screen, font, crispness, light weight, sharpness, ...

I was happy with my Sony 505... a little sad with the 600, happy again with the 650...

Wife just got the new iPad and I still prefer my 650. A K3 would have been a great alternative but I did not wanted to deal with the hassle of converting my existing books. Plus my children get to use them to borrow books from the library... they love to read, so 505 and 600 are now owned by them.
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #79
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
(might have to buy one and keep it at work for reading during lunch times )
I solved that problem by not bolting mine to the table at home.
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #80
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I don't think I'll ever get tired of using my Kindle, mostly because when I'm reading it just kind of disappears and it's all about the book, not the reader.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #81
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
All my three readers have different outfits to dress for the occassion. We are always stylish and in tip-top shape, looking different whenever we choose to do so. We never get bored
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #82
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
Do you get tired of using the same ebook reader after reading many books on it, and secretly yearn to get a different reader, just so you have something different to play with?
I'll be the black sheep here yes I get tired. Yes I want a new one to play with. A while ago I had immense craving for Sony 650 until I got one to play with in a shop and realised that although I'm crazy about it I should not buy it (for various reasons) I ordered a new skin for my Opus from decalgirl just to ease that itch a bit (two skins actually to save on delivery )
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote