Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
jimmcnealy
jimmcnealy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook STR cannot open Calibre ePUB

I'm using Calibre 0.8.28 with a new Nook Simple Touch Reader running version 1.1. When I import a book into Calibre and then send it to device. The Nook STR will not open it. In fact, it will not open any book with a Calibre imported book on the device.

Is this a known problem, or have I not found the right thread?

Regards
Jim
jimmcnealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmcnealy View Post
I'm using Calibre 0.8.28 with a new Nook Simple Touch Reader running version 1.1. When I import a book into Calibre and then send it to device. The Nook STR will not open it. In fact, it will not open any book with a Calibre imported book on the device.

Is this a known problem, or have I not found the right thread?

Regards
Jim
BTW Welcome to MR

Does the EPUB appear on the Nook's file list when using Windows Explorer? (or is the format that arrived at the Nook different?)
Can you Open the copy on the Nook (double-click) from Windows?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Do you have any custom conversion options set? Such as a non-standard flow size?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
jimmcnealy

I had not thought to look at the nook using the explorer. Let me try and get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
BTW Welcome to MR

Does the EPUB appear on the Nook's file list when using Windows Explorer? (or is the format that arrived at the Nook different?)
Can you Open the copy on the Nook (double-click) from Windows?
Old 11-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
jimmcnealy

No.I have not changed any settings in calibre. Other than to add the plugins.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmcnealy View Post
I had not thought to look at the nook using the explorer. Let me try and get back.
That's one of the reasons we are here
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
jimmcnealy

I have resolved my problem by rtfm. User error was the root cause.

Thanks so much for your help!
Jim

Tags
calibre 8.28, nook