Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
kevinofengland
Connoisseur
kevinofengland began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
BookBot Portable Reading Light

I am not sure if this is any good or not but I have brought a couple items of this site and they were very good. I got an MP3 player 512 meg for under £5.00 The only thing is you have to grab it quick

http://www.grabitnow.com/

We have a great solution for the book worms among you. This smart reading light will shed light on the pages wherever you are - in bed, on a plane or in a dull room.

Enjoy your favourite books anywhere and everywhere with the BookBot reading light. It prevents eye-strain damage by projecting light from its powerful LEDs straight down onto the pages of your book.

Clip it on the back of a book or magazine, press the switch on the side of the light and the robotic arm extends out to reveal a bright LED lamp, illuminating the pages.

It’s perfect for low-light conditions or for anybody who has difficulty making out the words in their book.

Kids can use it for reading in their rooms, take it on the airplane for reading on overnight flights without disturbing your partner or give one to your grandparents and anyone else who has vision problems.

To switch it off, simply push the arm back in. The compact size and practical design is great for holidays and travel. And because its LED lamp is so bright it even doubles as an emergency torch.

Grab this hot deal now!

Features:

Slim compact design

Ultra-bright LED lamp
Multi-angle adjustment
Robotic folding arm
Universal clip to suit all books
Requires 3x AG13 coin batteries (included)
Dimensions: 120mm (h) x 40mm (w) x 10mm (d)

Last edited by kevinofengland; 11-14-2008 at 10:51 AM.
kevinofengland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Here is one from a company in the town I live. It works, but I don't like the fact that it takes the watch/button batteries. It would have been perfect if it would have taken AAAs or something.

http://www.homier.com/detail.asp?Ses...cat=&sku=40650
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I have that, I think (well I have one that works the same and looks identical, but it was a free gift with another torch).

I find it bright enough to read by in a dark room, although the beam could do with being a little wider. Mine also appears to have a slightly dodgy connection as it turns off and on if it's moved. Once it's clipped on the cover of my reader it's fine though. And it hasn't scratched the back of it.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #4
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I was able to buy that light for just a couple of dollars at a local discount store. It's a very cool light, but I really don't like it with my Kindle. It creates too much glare and doesn't spread enough light all the way to the bottom of the page. And the batteries are pricey - abt $4.00 for two. The original light was just over that.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Before we start yet another thread on book lights for readers, please go to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12668 and post there. Don't start a new thread when there's a very good thread already out there.

P.S. Would someone mind merging this thread with the other thread?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert