Notices

Old 12-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
rsdfede
rsdfede began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
Post Font size problem

Hello everyone!

I seem to be having a strange issue with my PRS-T2:

8 font sizes: They all work perfect on .epub documents...

But here's the weird thing: when reading any PDF, choosing the second smallest size (2nd from the left) will automatically show the full-page.

I've tried switching the "default font size" in options, but it only affects .epub (that means, for example if I choose the biggest font, .epub files will open with that size, but PDFs remain on the 2nd size by default).

In other words, the 2nd size seems to be permanently assigned/replaced to visualize the full page on PDF documents, which forces me to choose jumping from the 1st to the 3rd font size (skipping the perfect middle size).

That issue could be disregarded by just converting those files to .epub, but often times doing that disorders paragraphs, tables, etc.
Is there any way to assign another of the 8 font sizes for shifting to full-screen mode on PDFs, or maybe just disabling it?

I thank any ideas on it; sorry if bad english.

Greetings!
rsdfede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I don't have a PRST2 but if I remember correctly, on my PRST1 with PDFs, size 2 is a 'special' size which reads the PDF 'as it should be' (i.e. no text or images will be lost). All other PRS sizes are reading the PDF in 'reflow mode', which as you probably know, can be a bit hit-and-miss.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
rsdfede
rsdfede began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
https://docs.sony.com/release/prst2.pdf (page 65) Yep, that's how it works from factory.

My question meant, is there another way to configure other size (f.e. size 8) to do that, instead of the 2nd? Mainly because I would like to read PDFs in the 2nd font size (since 1st to 3rd size means a big jump). Might have to root the device and find an android app that does that, but still hoping for a simpler solution to it without rooting...

Thank you!
rsdfede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I don't know of anything for the PRST2. There is a hack available for the PRST1 which modifies EbookReader.apk to allow the ability to choose your own values for the 8 values in the font-size table for each filetype (EPUB, PDF etc). This can be applied to rooted or non-rooted PRST1s. Unfortunately, as far as I know, it was never updated for the PRST2.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font size, pdf, prs-t2