Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
kath314
kath314 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
"master wireless switch is currently off"

Bought an entourage Edge Dualbook for $200.00. Thought it would be nice for school. Has unique features to help in studying....

....Anyway I opened it up and started playing with. For a short period of time, the wifi was working.

At some point though, I am not sure what I did, but the wifi stopped working. Whenever I go to the settings menu all it says is this:

"master wireless switch is currently off". Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this issue? Please let me know. The idea of purchasing an item that doesn't work perturbs me.....

Thanks.
kath314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
asnider123
Connoisseur
asnider123 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge Golden-Allmine-Ermine-rc3
Sounds like you're in the Airplane mode .. which disables your wifi as a passenger on a plane .. phones also have airplane mode.
asnider123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Kath!

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you bought the big eDGe, with the 10.1" LCD (the "EE"), right? If so congratulations on getting a good deal!

There is a physical switch at the top of the EE between the mini-USB port and the SD card slot which turns the wireless on and off. You must have nudged it to the off position.

I tend to forget about that switch because I leave it in the "on" position all the time and use the software to turn the wireless on and off.

Good luck and have fun with your new eDGe!

P.S. The EE does have airplane mode, as asnider points out. The Pocket eDGe does not have the physical switch for wireless that the EE has.

Last edited by Filark; 01-30-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote