Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
Zerhackermann
Enthusiast
Zerhackermann began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
Facebook Social Setting?

I recently upgraded from a Sony PRS-600 and now have a nook color.

The one thing that is giving me trouble and I cant seem to find an answer on the net anywhere and the BN folks are stumped as well:

The NC doesnt seem to save the social settings for the NC. I go to settings>social> link facebook. I give it my credentials and name the device with the remember me boxes checked. it then navigates to my FB home page....

and thats it. Any time I try to use the social items, it has me re-do the set up

My conclusion is that there is some FB setting that has to be enabled to allow it and I admittedly have the FB account well secured. But I cant find out what needs to be changed?

Anyone else encountered this?
Zerhackermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Facebook is constantly changing, so it might be that Facebook requires something different than what is recorded in the NC settings. But that is just a guess as I so detest Facebook and its data-mining that I placed my account in De-active mode. The FB a$$holes won't let you delete the account or I would have a long time ago.

Also, if you are using a non-rooted NC (which is what I have with the 1.1 firmware) then be aware that the NC's stock browser is really crappy. I tried using it a bit last night and it was a major pain and kept doing page reorganizations making it impossible to read an article with the text constantly being repositioned on the page. Even the B&N website cannot be displayed properly in the stock browser. So it is possible the browser might also be part of your FB problem.

The NC is great for READING in low light situations (which is why I bought it and keep it), but I don't find the other functions like web browsing to be very usable.
Advert
Old 03-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
Zerhackermann
Enthusiast

I didnt buy it specifically for the FB social stuff. I just figured it would be nice if it worked

I actually upgraded because of the low light reading. the plastic tab on my PRS cover broke. I didnt find any ready upgrades for the cover, didnt want to waste money on another sony cover that was only going to last a year - and used it as an excuse to buy a NC my wife was not deceived one bit.

Anyhow, I appreciate the thoughts.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
Zerhackermann
Enthusiast

I think I figured it out. I think the device login entries was so full that it wouldnt take a new device login. The Pidgin FB plug in had spammed my account with logins. I cleared that out and it took the NC credentials