Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #436
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
If there was truth in advertising we would have seen this:

"Introducing the new Kindle Paper-pink-blue-green-occasionally-white.

EDIT: I bet Steve Jobs would have liked it. He loved tripping out on acid! "Wow, look at the colors man!"
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #437
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
These problems WILL finally be corrected after Jay Leno qoutes this thread on late night comedy.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #438
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I'm still laughing.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #439
jswinden
Nameless Being

For those who don't have a Kindle Paper-pink-blue-green-occasionally-white, here is a reading light that will help you pretend you have one:

Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #440
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
What strikes me as odd is that none of the professional reviews (and I read a lot of them) mentioned any discoloration.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #441
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
What strikes me as odd is that none of the professional reviews (and I read a lot of them) mentioned any discoloration.
Same here. That's why I believe that the are good batches out there. We just ended up with a bad one. That's why I am constantly replacing mine.

Last edited by xendula; 10-12-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #442
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
For those who don't have a Kindle Paper-pink-blue-green-occasionally-white, here is a reading light that will help you pretend you have one:

Good one!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #443
Helgetus
Zealot
Helgetus doesn't litterHelgetus doesn't litter

Device: PW1, PW2, KB3G, Sony PRS-T3
Quote:
The reviewers do not test at night!

@jswinden If I buy all these coloured lights (all different colours) and put them on my kindle then it should evtl. be a nice white!
Helgetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #444
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helgetus View Post

@jswinden If I buy all these coloured lights (all different colours) and put them on my kindle then it should evtl. be a nice white!
It will defintely be a nice Paperwhite white
Old 10-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #445
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helgetus View Post

Yes, but this is all pretty much visible in any light (at least on my PW).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #446
gosmo
gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gosmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
You are not the only one. See these OFFICIAL photos from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=1000841011

The low ligh level PW shown in a dark room has bluish green blobs all over. Amazon is showing it to convince you that your PW is normal.

You can notice in those photos that the bright PW light in a dark room does NOT show the colors. That is what I have been saying all along.

They must have used multicolor LED's and finally realized it. Maybe the fix will be to simply replace the LED's in the defective units.

Some LED's may have better colors than others. Enjoy the technicolor PaperCOLOR in all its glory! Evidently my PW is defective since my colors are too faint for me to enjoy them.

If they want to give us color, at least give us a background of an American Flag.
Thanks for the link, comparing my Kindle next to theirs it seems they literally let a pink LED or two slip in mine. That's all I wanted was clear undoctored images of what a good Paperwhite should look like and hopefully my 3rd replacement will look similar.
gosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #447
wynand32
Enthusiast
wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Quote:
Well, let me say this: I think it's entirely possible that I wouldn't have noticed the discoloration if I hadn't come to this forum and read about it. Or, it would have taken some time for me to notice it. It wasn't something that just jumped out at me like the uneven lighting at the bottom did.

I compare it to the yellow-tinted iPad 3 units that I went through before I got one with more neutral whites. I wouldn't have consciously noticed it had I not compared my first one with another iPad 3 and saw that mine had a yellow hue, but once I noticed it I couldn't get past it.

Similarly, my boss had an iPad 3 that he just loved, thinking the screen was excellent. Then he was looking at ours side-by-side (and I hadn't yet mentioned the yellow tint problem) while we were reviewing some emails, and he said, "Man, your screen is a lot better than mine. Mine looks like it has jaundice." He then went to the Apple Store and replaced his for one with better whites, because once HE saw it, he couldn't get past it either. But before that, he was perfectly happy with it.

As I use my PW now, I do notice the discoloration and it bugs me (and I have a replacement coming tomorrow that I hope is better), but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have noticed it right away, if at all, if I hadn't read about it here and went looking for it. And reviewers who don't know about it maybe wouldn't notice it either.
wynand32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #448
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

As I use my PW now, I do notice the discoloration and it bugs me (and I have a replacement coming tomorrow that I hope is better), but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have noticed it right away, if at all, if I hadn't read about it here and went looking for it. And reviewers who don't know about it maybe wouldn't notice it either.
Well maybe if it wasn't called PaperWHITE in the first place nobody would mind that much. Expectations were too high which is not the fault of the customers.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #449
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
If there was truth in advertising we would have seen this:

"Introducing the new Kindle Paper-pink-blue-green-occasionally-white.

EDIT: I bet Steve Jobs would have liked it. He loved tripping out on acid! "Wow, look at the colors man!"

Yes true, but Jobs would never ever had admitted a mistake or an inferior product or anything. At least Amazon exec Jeff, admitted it is not perfect. I just hope he is not turning into Jobs. It does make you mad that the pics were perfect, but I admire FINALLY admitting it is not what you want, exactly.

But mine is coming Oct. 25, and I will be the judge if I can accept it or not. I am soooo sick of usings reading lights in the dark.

If it weren't for MobileRead and the internet I would be shocked when I received the PW and found the imperfect light PW.

Thanks guys for getting Amazon directed in the right way.

Last edited by new; 10-12-2012 at 03:10 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #450
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
Was over on the Kobo forum and there is a post with photo of a kobo glo with blotches. Same colors. According to what I read, seems to be an unusual occurrence for them. Would link but don't know how to.

Wonder what factory it's made in. Maybe it is catching.

Last edited by Carmelreader; 10-12-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote