Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #1366
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Folks, I am sorry to ask this question here because I am sure that it must be answered somewhere in this thread but I haven't found it. I would like to uninstall PRS+ and reinstall the Sony software from scratch. I will probably reinstall PRS+ as soon as I get my reader working again. Currently my reader freezes at the first input screen. Either at the main menu or, if I put the PRS+ update software on the internal drive then I freeze at the language choice screen. I cannot get past either. I did apply the 1.1.3 udate last night before all my problems. The installation seemed to go fine. Somehow two of my books got corrupted and nothing would work properly until I removed them which I finally did thanks to these forums - I reformatted the FAT drive using Windows. At one point I also disconnected and reconnected the battery - that was tougher than expected. Calibre can see my drive fine and can download to it etc. but I can't do anything from the reader side. It just freezes on the first input screen.

I would like to try and reset this back to factory defaults and see if that helps (I tried the reset 10 times suggestion - no luck). Also, if I am going to call Sony or go and see them I would like to have the factory defaults only. Not sure if this will help but I am running out of suggestions and getting rather frustrated. Thanks all...............Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #1367
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
I would like to try and reset this back to factory defaults and see if that helps (I tried the reset 10 times suggestion - no luck). Also, if I am going to call Sony or go and see them I would like to have the factory defaults only. Not sure if this will help but I am running out of suggestions and getting rather frustrated. Thanks all...............Jackie
I'm not sure if this will help you but there is a "safe mode", if the reader is connected to USB during startup, PRS+ does not load.

I just recalled, here is a link to a special updater that Kartu had uploaded previously. It should get you back to Firmware 1.1.00.18040.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-05-2010 at 01:30 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 03:19 AM   #1368
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
jjansen
Does it freeze even if you don't have any books on it? Does it freeze in "safe mode" (to start in "safe mode" reset it, and quickly connect to USB, in this case, PRS+ won't start)

Quote:
At one point I also disconnected and reconnected the battery
That was, quite an advanced step.

Quote:
I would like to try and reset this back to factory defaults and see if that helps (I tried the reset 10 times suggestion - no luck).
Connect your reader to PC during startup, then start the Sony Updater from dwanthny's message above.

Regarding 10 reset thingy, if you can connect reader to your PC and access it as a drive, you shouldn't need it. But anyway, when doing 10 resets, it's important to remember, that you have to reset it right after screen flashes and it starts booting, before firmware notes for itself, that it has loaded fine.

Last edited by kartu; 07-05-2010 at 03:21 AM.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #1369
Gray Eminence
eBook Designer
Gray Eminence began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650 / NookGlow / Paperwhite / iPad / AsusTransformer
Hello,

First, a big thanks for the excellent work, a new rebirth for my PRS-505 we couldn't get from Sony.

I did saw the ebookapps able to fully justify epub. Is it something on your wishes list? I do prefer your PRS+ so far .

Thanks,
GE
Gray Eminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #1370
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gray Eminence
Hi,

unfortunately epub justification is not something planned in the near future.

Regarding ebookapps, it should run from PRS+ just fine, so you could have both.
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #1371
Gray Eminence
eBook Designer
Gray Eminence began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650 / NookGlow / Paperwhite / iPad / AsusTransformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Gray Eminence
Hi,

unfortunately epub justification is not something planned in the near future.

Regarding ebookapps, it should run from PRS+ just fine, so you could have both.
Too bad, time to lobby for that then

I will stay with PRS+ alone a few, I did had a few bugs since I installed ebookapps
Gray Eminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #1372
DrunkenDonkey
Connoisseur
DrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle PW2
I use ebookapps just from PRS+, and sometimes switch back and forth. Ebookapps do have their share of issues, namely able to drain the battery of 505 in matter of minutes in some situations, but that's the great about having a multiple choices, so many thanks to both ebookapps and kartu
DrunkenDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:56 AM   #1373
cszhy
cszhy began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
I'm really eager to see a version can support PRS-500, is it possibile?
cszhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #1374
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cszhy View Post
I'm really eager to see a version can support PRS-500, is it possibile?
If you're on a Mac then you have to go back to 0.6.29. If you're on a Windows box 0.6.55 should work. You can get these versions from Sourceforge, scroll down the page.

Of course upgrading your device to epub should allow your 500 to work with the current version.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #1375
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are there any gotchas to installing 1.1.3 on a 505? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:15 AM   #1376
kartu
PRS+ author

JSWolf, none were discovered so far.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #1377
Shadowplay
Groupie
Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Awesome work!

I've been out of touch with the 505 development community for a while now and just happened to check in today only to find that development is alive and well! I just downloaded and flashed PRS+ 1.1.3 to my 505. I've only spent a few minutes with it, but so far I'm loving it. The browse-by-folder option alone is absolute gold, but all the other new features really make this a stand out collection.

Thanks very much for this.

Last edited by Shadowplay; 07-15-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #1378
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'll need to give 1.1.3 a good soon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:50 AM   #1379
cszhy
cszhy began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If you're on a Mac then you have to go back to 0.6.29. If you're on a Windows box 0.6.55 should work. You can get these versions from Sourceforge, scroll down the page.

Of course upgrading your device to epub should allow your 500 to work with the current version.
thanks for your reply, how can I upgrading my prs-500 to epub without send it back to sony? is there any software I can download and install by myself?
cszhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:01 AM   #1380
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
The 500 upgrade isn't just software, it's a hardware mod as well by Sony...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cszhy View Post
thanks for your reply, how can I upgrading my prs-500 to epub without send it back to sony? is there any software I can download and install by myself?
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote