Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 05:39 AM   #1351
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Oops! I guess I should have read the whole thread before replying. I'm glad you got it working.
Thanks dwanthny, and thanks for taking the time to respond.

For anybody else having a similar issue, I had made the schoolboy error of copying the 'Universal Flasher 2.1' folder in it's entirety to the SD card before carrying out step 3. You do, of course, need to copy the folders within that folder to the SD card, not the folder itself

The only issue I have now is that there are no icons for some of the options on the menu screens once PRS+ is installed. Does anybody have a version of kbookicons.png that addresses this?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #1352
m-land
Enthusiast
m-land has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
m-land, coud you create a keyboard with the follow letters? á, à, â, é, è, ê, í, ì, î, ó, ò, ô, ú, ù, û, ñ, ç. These modifications are valid for spanish, catalan, french, italian, english, etc

Kartu, is the shell going to be incorporated in the next release of PRS+?

Thanks
How to name this keyboard not to offend any nation?
m-land is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #1353
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-land View Post
How to name this keyboard not to offend any nation?
If you include the rest of the letters of this picture, so in this case it would valid for more languages, you could name it as internacional keyboard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keyboard.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	54103  

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 06-26-2010 at 02:36 PM.
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #1354
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post

The only issue I have now is that there are no icons for some of the options on the menu screens once PRS+ is installed. Does anybody have a version of kbookicons.png that addresses this?
See post 1323 and 1338
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:33 AM   #1355
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
See post 1323 and 1338
surquizu, thanks, but those are the ones I used and I still see no icons for some menu items. Have I done something wrong?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #1356
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
If you include the rest of the letters of this picture, so in this case it would valid for more languages, you could name it as internacional keyboard.
International is a bit misleading, if only variations of latin characters are used. How about western or something like that? I'd expect an international keyboard to have greek characters, and cyrillic, and.... the options are endless.
But it's just a name, I don't think anyone will be offended
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #1357
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
It's not a big deal to have language specific keyboards. Be it Spanish, Georgian or Czech. User will choose which keyboards from a list he wants to use.

I think it's simple and fits everyone.

Why have multi-language keyboards?
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #1358
thafrogggg
Rabid Book Weasel
thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Acer Iconia A500 Tablet (lovin' it!!)
I am using PRS+ on my 505 (had it installed for a month or so) and I have started getting random reboots.

I have only had two so far, but they have both happened in the last three days.

I am not saying this is a PRS+ thing, because I truly do not know if it is, but if anyone has had a similar experience and corrected it, I would be grateful to know how you did it.

***UPDATE***
It might be the ebook I am reading. I am going to downlad it again and see if that works.

Last edited by thafrogggg; 06-30-2010 at 06:57 AM.
thafrogggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #1359
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thafrogggg
You could also boot in a "safe" mode, by connecting your reader to USB during startup. In this case PRS+ doesn't start. And check if you still have problem with that book.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:48 AM   #1360
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thafrogggg View Post
I am using PRS+ on my 505 (had it installed for a month or so) and I have started getting random reboots.
I haven't had random reboots since I switched from LRF to ePub as my ebook format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thafrogggg View Post
***UPDATE***
It might be the ebook I am reading. I am going to downlad it again and see if that works.
On the rare occasion my reader reboots the reboot is never random. It is always associated with a place in the epub that has code that my 505 doesn't like and it will reboot every time I go back to that code.

The last time this happened I opened the offending epub in Sigil and took a look at the code in the area where It would reboot my reader. Then using my best "one of these things is not like the other" logic I removed something, saved the file and it worked.

I honestly don't recall what I removed but it didn't look right and removing it fixed the book.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #1361
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Why have multi-language keyboards?
I use US-International because I mostly type in English but don't want to keep French layout installed for rare cases when I need to type é or ö.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #1362
Tharos
Connoisseur
Tharos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Moon+ Reader pro
Delete files

Deleting files* is not possible

*with the tool (delete book + press bookmark)

using PRSP_505_1.1.3
Tharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:42 AM   #1363
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharos View Post

using PRSP_505_1.1.3
I do this after each book I read. This only means that it works fine for me. I thought I upgraded to 1.1.3 but my about screen says 1.1.2rc so I guess I haven't. I'll upgrade and delete a book to see if the version change affects things.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:04 AM   #1364
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharos View Post

using PRSP_505_1.1.3
Nothing happens when you press bookmark?
Did you try rebooting the reader (it's quite easy to corrupt the file system)?

PS
Update:
Rechecked it on 1.1.3, works fine.

Last edited by kartu; 07-03-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:59 AM   #1365
Tharos
Connoisseur
Tharos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Moon+ Reader pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Nothing happens when you press bookmark?
Did you try rebooting the reader (it's quite easy to corrupt the file system)?
after the second reboot it works now, thanks.
Tharos is offline   Reply With Quote