Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 04:28 AM   #1291
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
m-land
Nope. doMute toggles between 2 states.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #1292
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kravitz View Post
Which file do you wish to localize? Give an example, please.

For example in the calculator.xml, i want to localize the text of the top tab (where it is written "calculator").

Thanks
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #1293
kravitz
Connoisseur
kravitz doesn't litterkravitz doesn't litter

Device: 505, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
For example in the calculator.xml, i want to localize the text of the top tab (where it is written "calculator").

Thanks
Here is an example for translation of "Calculator" text. All items into AUTORUN group are visible into "calculator.js" .
Attached Files
File Type: zip calc_local_example.zip (21.6 KB, 176 views)
kravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #1294
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Here is an example for translation of "Calculator" text. All items into AUTORUN group are visible into "calculator.js" .
I've tested the scripts but this is the result.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-6-12.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	53276  
Old 06-13-2010, 04:36 AM   #1295
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
May I jump in?

As far as I can see we have to append the language file(s) with a "Calc" section
Code:
	Calc: {
		TITLE: "Calculator"
}
and translate it accordingly.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #1296
kravitz
Connoisseur

VICTORSJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
As far as I can see we have to append the language file(s) with a "Calc" section
Code:
	Calc: {
		TITLE: "Calculator"
}
and translate it accordingly.
Don't forget to add a comma between Dictionary and Calc sections.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #1297
VICTORSJG
Addict

Quote:
Kravitz when i copy these files into the addons folder to create a prsinstaller only the calculator doesn't run, but for the opposite I use these files from sd card (whit addons and addons1 folder) the calculator runs correctly. What is the reason? I think the reason it's the localization of the text into xml because i've used other script whitout your modifications and i don't have any problem (in this case only use the addons folder).

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 06-13-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #1298
kravitz
Connoisseur

Quote:
Kravitz when i copy these files into the addons folder to create a prsinstaller only the calculator doesn't run.
This variant should be compatible with installer.
Attached Files
File Type: zip calc_local_install.zip (12.8 KB, 235 views)
Old 06-14-2010, 08:42 AM   #1299
m-land
Enthusiast
m-land has learned how to buy an e-book online

Quote:
m-land
Try this Beta tester pack
1. Place yours addon into addons1 folder
2. Use Core.config.addonsPath1 instead Core.config.addonsPath
Thanks to your BTP4 I was able to test it.
VirtualKeyboard.zip - to be put in addons1 folder. There are 2 skins (small and bigger 'buttons')
-PRS+ configurable
-holdNum ->swith kbd
-SH - shift for switch keyboard to shifted version (if keyboard definition supports it)
-'hidden private functions'
-features as described in original message

Shell.zip- to be put in addons1 folder. It requieres VirtualKeyboard. It is demo of virtual keyboard - but perhas someone will use it I do not know much more linux commands than pwd and ls

Which editor do you use for editin XML/JS files? I expect my editor is bad - when I use czech letter in JS (even in comment!) PRS hangs on loading. I had similar problem in the past with dictionary and bullet
Attached Files
File Type: zip VirtualKeyboard.zip (14.4 KB, 175 views)
File Type: zip ShellApp.zip (18.8 KB, 174 views)
m-land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #1300
VICTORSJG
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-land View Post
Thanks to your BTP4 I was able to test it.
VirtualKeyboard.zip - to be put in addons1 folder. There are 2 skins (small and bigger 'buttons')
-PRS+ configurable
-holdNum ->swith kbd
-SH - shift for switch keyboard to shifted version (if keyboard definition supports it)
-'hidden private functions'
-features as described in original message

Shell.zip- to be put in addons1 folder. It requieres VirtualKeyboard. It is demo of virtual keyboard - but perhas someone will use it I do not know much more linux commands than pwd and ls

Which editor do you use for editin XML/JS files? I expect my editor is bad - when I use czech letter in JS (even in comment!) PRS hangs on loading. I had similar problem in the past with dictionary and bullet
m-Land i've tested the keyboard and i am deligthed whit it. is it posible to creat more different keyboards and to implement into dyctiolauncher?

thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #1301
m-land
Enthusiast
m-land has learned how to buy an e-book online

Quote:
m-Land i've tested the keyboard and i am deligthed whit it. is it posible to creat more different keyboards and to implement into dyctiolauncher?

thanks
More keyboards - I have idea (not implemented now at all) that there will be few 'hardcoded' keyboards (something like current state) + more keyboards could be loaded from 'predefined' location - so
1) 'experienced users' could define keyboards
2) you can easily remove 'useless' keyboard layouts (now you can disable them in config)
I think that Kartu should decide if I could go this way (first of all - if hi likes to use this keyboards)

As to dictiolauncher - I can modify it - if kartu decides to use this keybord.
m-land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #1302
VICTORSJG
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-land View Post
More keyboards - I have idea (not implemented now at all) that there will be few 'hardcoded' keyboards (something like current state) + more keyboards could be loaded from 'predefined' location - so
1) 'experienced users' could define keyboards
2) you can easily remove 'useless' keyboard layouts (now you can disable them in config)
I think that Kartu should decide if I could go this way (first of all - if hi likes to use this keyboards)

As to dictiolauncher - I can modify it - if kartu decides to use this keybord.
I think it would be a good idea because anybody could decide what keyboard use into dictionalauncher or shell depending on what ABC is used in your country, without need to customize a picture and script together as now in dictionalauncher.

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 06-14-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #1303
kravitz
Connoisseur

m-land

Quote:
Fine! I'll test it.

Quote:
I still use UltraEdit Studio'06
Old 06-15-2010, 07:17 AM   #1304
ronnn
ronnn began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-505
French Translation

Hi,

First, i want to thank everyone working on PRS+.
It's a great project and something which made my reading experience much better

Being French, i noticed some strange translation in the French.js file.
I corrected them in the following attachement.
Attached Files
File Type: zip French.zip (6.2 KB, 170 views)
ronnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:23 AM   #1305
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
ronnn
Thanks for the corrections. You seem to be the first native French speaker to come across...
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote