Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
wynand32
Enthusiast
wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Kindle PW standby battery life

So, standby battery life on my PW seems pretty poor. I have the Amazon case, which turns off (puts to sleep?) the PW, which I would expect to result in minimal battery use. However, mine only seems to last a few days in standby.

Anybody else seeing the same thing?
wynand32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
So, standby battery life on my PW seems pretty poor. I have the Amazon case, which turns off (puts to sleep?) the PW, which I would expect to result in minimal battery use. However, mine only seems to last a few days in standby.

See this thread.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #3
wynand32
Enthusiast
wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Thanks, but that's not my issue. My light does shut off completely. As far as I can tell, mine is going to sleep as it should but standby battery life is still poor.
wynand32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Is WiFi and/or 3G turned ON? If so the PW will occasionally wake up and phone home. On most Kindles that is not a big drain, but if there is a bad wireless connection it might be trying too hard to call home. Also the PW seems to have a few FW glitches so there could be a problem with going back to sleep soon after calling home.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
See this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

See this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194489

I got 7 days on my first battery cycle and 8 days on the second. For the third cycle I am tracking Session Times for each time I read.

At the end of the third cycle I'll post my unit's tracked Cumulative Session Time in that other thread.

You can do the same using an Excel Spreadsheet.

I have WiFi and Page Refresh on all the time.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert