Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
Tessie6
Connoisseur
Tessie6 doesn't litterTessie6 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS505
Customer service address

Does anyone have an address for a CEO or such animal that I can send a letter to. I've had many problems with Laredo support and with customer relations.

Customer Relations ays they can't do anything and to deal with Laredo which is where my problem lies.
Tessie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Valerie Motis handles PR for the Reader division: valerie.motis[*]am.sony.com
The head of the Reader division is Steve Haber: Steve.Haber[*]am.sony.com
Someone claiming to be from Sony just posted in this thread, you could try emailing them.
You can also try making a tweet @sonyelectronics, but I'm not sure they will notice you.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
Sonylistens
Sony Customer Service Rep
Sonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony Reader
Hello Tessie6,
My name is Evelyn from Sony electronics the SonyListens Team. Please e-mail us at sonylistens@am.sony.com and include a brief description of the problem you are having with your device. Also please include your contact information so either I or one of my SonyListens members can contact you. Thank you.
Best Regards,

Evelyn Perez :-)
SonyListens Team
Sonylistens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Tessie6
Connoisseur

Thanks. I've emailed them both. Will let you know if I get an answer.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
Tessie6
Connoisseur

You people are good. I've already received a phone call from sony headquarters and if the follow up is as good as promised I will be completely satisfied.
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Ask them if they can comment on the general lack of stocks and whether new models are coming
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
tahunasky
tahunasky began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-650
Has anyone had problems with getting ereaders repaired. I sent my prs-650 in, it was recieved at sony Laredo/TX repair center on 31/3.. was signed for..
When i put the Event ID into the esupport website there is no record of that number.
I have emailed them 3 times (including proof that it was delivered to them on 31/3) over the last week and have had no reply to my emails asking what the repair status is - where before within 24 hours they would usually reply when asking what i should do to get it repaired under warranty.

How long should i wait before trying to take this further as its been in sony's possession for 3 weeks now and the guy said it would be exchanged so i would think it would only take a couple of days to sort that out ????

I am currently in australia, go to new zealand in 2 weeks, then to argentina a month after that, asked them to deliver to NZ as it would give them a month to sort it out, but i dont want it sent to argentina as stuff often doesnt turn up when sent from overseas. And i just want a working ereader back. I purchased it because i travel heaps and didnt want to drag books around anymore.

I did provide all info they asked for with the faulty unit when i sent it in - description of fault, copy of receipt, sony event ID on outside of box etc..

I am wondering if they have lost it !!

Last edited by tahunasky; 04-19-2011 at 09:07 PM.
tahunasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #8
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahunasky View Post
I have emailed them 3 times (including proof that it was delivered to them on 31/3) over the last week and have had no reply to my emails asking what the repair status is - where before within 24 hours they would usually reply when asking what i should do to get it repaired under warranty.

How long should i wait before trying to take this further as its been in sony's possession for 3 weeks now and the guy said it would be exchanged so i would think it would only take a couple of days to sort that out ????
I had a problem with the non-working bottom half of the touch interface. Waited about 3 months for the replacement unit to finally arrive. And that was after several calls into the repair center's hotline. I suspect Laredo is not getting a lot of replacement units, and they really don't have any procedures for fixing hardware (other than issue a replacement). If the solution requires a simple hard reset or reflash, they may be able to help.

In any case, it's always better to call them, talk to a real person (probably in India, but alive).
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #9
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Ask them if they can comment on the general lack of stocks and whether new models are coming
I emailed this person, she ignored me. So did Valerie Motis (a while back).

Pretty sure they won't jump out of their usual hardware refresh cycle, so we shouldn't expect new models sooner than early fall.

I wonder if they are really throwing in the towel in the U.S. Their inability to deliver is getting totally ridiculous. I am positive that the super-high demand for their product is not the reason. Not in the U.S. anyway, as the authorized resellers are all frustrated and puzzled by Sony's behavior, hanging up discontinuation notices on most Reader related products.

At least in Japan they found decency to apologize (with a stupid explanation that the demand was unexpectedly high), but here in the U.S. Sony's representatives ("Sony listens"?) pretend to be deaf and mute.

Last edited by porkupan; 04-21-2011 at 12:50 PM.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #10
tahunasky
tahunasky began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
If the solution requires a simple hard reset or reflash, they may be able to help.
I tried the hard reset and also did a reflash when the new firmware came out so i am guessing that its a hardware problem.

It just annoys me that there is no status on their website, they havent bothered to contact me when it was recieved or even bothered to reply to my emails. It is very unprofessional, especially from a big company like sony !!!
tahunasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:41 AM   #11
Tessie6
Connoisseur

Sony response t my 3 month back and forth

The addresses you provided worked...at least one of them did. I suspect it was the SH one. Within 24 hours I had a brand new PRS 650 in my hands....shipped overnight air. Several phone calls from the troubleshooter made things happen.

I will remember all of you for your help. I can now go on vacation today with a loaded with books ereader.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #12
halipleumon
halipleumon began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs 350
i sent a message to all these contacts relating my experience. will update if there's any follow-up, though today is a holiday.
halipleumon is offline   Reply With Quote