Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #181
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneFancher View Post
Closed Circle is! And our backlist is $5!!!!! And we're DRM free!
I definitely have to have a look. $5 and DRM free is very reasonable.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #182
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
My 0.02 US: Of the group of formats outside of the standard ones like PDF, TXT, .RTF, etc, I have A. Never owned a Kindle (but I have owned two other dedicated devices (Nook and CoolER) as well as host of devices *capable* of reading) and B. only had experience with a few other formats (.PRC, .EPUB, etc) but with so many gadgets, I cannot use the format preferred by another reader I have no intent on owning to guide my book-reading decisions. To date, epub has been the best format for me; it allows me to move a book from device to device, has the ability (or allows the ability) to change font sized (PDF, not so much), handles text flow and more without issue.

Is it superior? No idea but it works best for me in my non-Kindle house-hold (4 devices between me and the missus). I had no idea that Kindle doesn't support it which makes me glad I did not choose one because most of our collection of treasured ebooks is in epub format.
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert