Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Protective Case for 800

Does anyone know of an alternative to the, apparently, fairly rubbish and stupidly expensive IREX case for the 800. One that is going to offer more protection than the fabric bag that is supplied?
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
mgmueller said he was using the case logic case supplied with his Sony PRS-900. Now I cannot see this for sale on the net (can only see touch and pocket editions at sonystyle.com).
Hopefully M-Edge will make a case for the 800 at some point. The issue is of course is popularity and as the 800 STILL has not been released in the US, I cannot see them wasting resources on what effectively is a non existent product.
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Did not look hard enough

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PRSAZC9-Z...6167625&sr=1-1

Of course ask mgmueller for details (eg pics) before buying.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpn Jack Flash View Post
Did not look hard enough

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PRSAZC9-Z...6167625&sr=1-1

Of course ask mgmueller for details (eg pics) before buying.
Pic of the case logic hardcover: http://cgi.ebay.es/NEW-Sony-PRS-900-...item45f07003f9
It fits perfectly for the nook (nook having about 1cm less height than Sony 900).
If you want to use it for the iRex 800, you have to cut out the insert. It's still protective enough (I care about the screen, not about bumps to the side), but you can't use it for Sony 900 or nook anymore then.

Link to purchase case logic: http://www3.shopping.com/xCC-sony--case_logic
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #5
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your suggestions. Still haven't got the reader in my hands yet, but when I do I'll try to get hold of a Sony PRS900 case- though that might be difficult 'cos I'm in Denmark. Still, I don't suppose there are geographical restrictions on the selling of cases, (but stranger things have happened!).
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git

Well tell us how you get on as I will probably be interested in a case as well as I got fed up fence sitting for the 'perfect' device and ordered an 800S.

Too late to back out now.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #7
TGS
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpn Jack Flash View Post
Well tell us how you get on as I will probably be interested in a case as well as I got fed up fence sitting for the 'perfect' device and ordered an 800S.

Too late to back out now.
Would love to be able to tell you how thrilled I am with my new 800...but I'm still waiting for it. Would be interested to know how long your order takes to get delivered. Will post something when I get it and when I sort out a case.