Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-31-2009, 05:27 AM   #1
vally
vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad wifi 64gb
Smile Hi All - New to site - Advice on Sony PRS700 please

I am a Sony PRS 505 reader in the UK.
Very pleased with it.
Thinking of changing to PRS 700 - especially like Touch screen.
Have only seen one place advertising it in Uk - would this be some special import and would there be any difference to the one Sony will sell in UK, which I understand from my local Sony shop will not be available until May.
Thanks for a reply

Really glad I found this site - Great!!

Last edited by vally; 01-31-2009 at 05:28 AM. Reason: good comment
vally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:38 AM   #2
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
While I love my 700, many 505 owners have expressed disappointment at the decrease in screen clarity. I formerly owned an iRex iLiad and made the switch to the 700 primarily because of the unit's size and built-in sidelighting.

I will be the first to admit that the 700's screen is not as crisp as the 505's, but I still find it extremely usable. This has not been everyone's experience though.

I'd recommend you find someone with a 700 and take a look at the screen under a few different lighting conditions before making your decision. Or at least check and make sure whoever you're buying it from has some kind of return policy.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vally View Post
...which I understand from my local Sony shop will not be available until May.
Hi Vally, and welcome! How serious did the Sony rep sound to you? I haven't heard anything official yet regarding the introduction of the 700 in the UK, so yours would be one of the first hints.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:51 AM   #4
vally
vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad wifi 64gb
Many thanks for your replies.
The guy in the Sony shop new about 700 but all he said was 'all new products were released in May' - was not any more specific.
I found a website in Uk selling them - does not appear to be any phone number on site only email contact.
Am I allowed to put the web link on this forum for them in case anyon wants to check them. Currently they say they have 35 in stock
vally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
I am a Sony PRS 505 reader in the UK.
Very pleased with it.
Thinking of changing to PRS 700 - especially like Touch screen.
Have only seen one place advertising it in Uk - would this be some special import and would there be any difference to the one Sony will sell in UK, which I understand from my local Sony shop will not be available until May.
Thanks for a reply

Really glad I found this site - Great!!
Good morning, vally, and welcome to mobileread. I"m sure you'll get lots of advice and information here. Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
The guy in the Sony shop new about 700 but all he said was 'all new products were released in May' - was not any more specific.
I pretty sure the three readers, 500, 505, 700 were all released in Sept/Oct time frame, each one year after the previous version. No sure why this guy [knows what he] is talking about.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:13 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi vally and welcome to the Forum. Very good advice to compare the 505 and the 700 side-by-side.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ereader, sony 700, sony prs-505